Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bestbuy mastercard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

bestbuy mastercard

Ive had the bestbuy mastercard for a while but its been sitting at 0 balance the past few months. I noticed they are offering 0% for 12 months of $399 and up at bestbuy. Has anyone used this and if so how did it turn out? Any catches I may have missed?

The card changes hands more than a poker player. It was hsbc then cap 1 and then Citibank.
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
dwz55
Regular Contributor

Re: bestbuy mastercard

If you do the 0% you don't get rewards, you can thank citibank for that.

TU 780 April 2014
EQ 797 May 2014
EX 786 May 2014
Message 2 of 18
Mortalito77
Regular Contributor

I wish they went back to Capone, Synchrony or Comenity then I would app right away.

The WorLd Is Yours

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah it looks like you can either do the points or the 0%. I'm waiting to see if best buy has any good sales or price matching on cameras so may use the 0%

If not ill just use the card for small stuff to keep it active.
Message 4 of 18
onstar
Established Contributor

@dwz55 wrote:

Mine was like that even when it was with Capital One. Everyone else's wasn't???

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 5 of 18
04Cobra
Frequent Contributor

@onstar wrote:

@dwz55 wrote:

Mine was like that even when it was with Capital One. Everyone else's wasn't???

Agree with that statement. The issue with Citibank is that they HP CLI's. Wished Cap One still serviced my BB card. I've been stuck at $2,200 since they were bought outSmiley Sad

Discover $21k | Venture $20k | Quicksilver $15k | NICU Rewards MC $13.5k | Costco $14.5k | Citi Costco $12.5k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $10k | Barclay Apple $9.6k | Best Buy MC $10k | Merrick Bank Visa (formerly Hooters) $2.6k |
Message 6 of 18
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@04Cobra wrote:

Agree with that statement. The issue with Citibank is that they HP CLI's. Wished Cap One still serviced my BB card. I've been stuck at $2,200 since they were bought outSmiley Sad

That and the $59 AF. I've always had the AF sincee it was issue by HSBC, and I've been average around $100/yr in RZ certificates, it's just annoying the AF eats up 60% of my rewards. My AF hits in Nov, so last Oct I called and asked to have it waived and was told 'No, the Mastercard always has the AF'. I only had a $1k CL, I was having to pay it down before statement to keep the util low and still charge enough to earn those RZ certs. So I decided to take the HP and asked for a CLI to $2k, if they declined I was going to close it. They approved it, but I have it in my Outlook calendar to review it next Oct., I've slowed down on using it as I have better reward cards.

As far as the 0% for large purchases I've never used it, but the OP should be good - they're requiired by law (the CARD Act) to apply payments first toward higher interest balances, i.e., purchase not in the 0% deferred.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have used the 0% offers many times and they are great, the offer you see is actually their everyday offer with the card it's not a promotional offer.  Sometimes they will offer 18-24 months for certain purchases (like home theater of appliances over $800 or something) but you can get 12 mo for $400 everyday on anything in the store, pretty nice.  Years ago they used to give points and financing which was amazing but it's probably been 5 years or so

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got lucky with the annual fee. I called to close it at one time and they asked me why. I stated I didn't like the fee so they waived it and it hasn't been back since. If the fee shows up in the future that's when ill close it if they wont waive it.
Message 9 of 18
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I got lucky with the annual fee. I called to close it at one time and they asked me why. I stated I didn't like the fee so they waived it and it hasn't been back since. If the fee shows up in the future that's when ill close it if they wont waive it.

Thanks for that info, that's what I'll do next Oct., threaten to close if they don't waive the AF. But I don't bluff unless I'm willing to follow through, with the AF it's not worth it.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.