Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bicycle ride of credit card payoff

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

bicycle ride of credit card payoff

I decided to quickly pay off my $3K balance on the NFCU Cash Rewards, although the interest is only 3% and the account is just a couple of weeks old.  I paid $2K today and the rest of it will be zeroed in early March.   I plan to pay off $200 balance on Cap 1 QS and maybe close both Cap 1 accounts that are 2-3 years old.  I use my new CSP everyday for food and pay it off immediately.  For the heck of it I tried and was denied a CLI on Quicksilver ($2K CL) and have $3K limit on a journey card.  I also am thinking about canceling AMEX green and USAA Classic as well, though the AMEX has a 24 year history and the USAA is 3 years old.  I just don't need all this crap.  The NFCU card and chase are enough.  I'm a disabled vet with medical problems and limited income, so maybe I should just be grateful for the NFCU and the CSP for my limited travel plans.  I will have a large home equity line of credit  to pay the rest of my life and lots of bad credit history for awhile, so maybe I should just try to keep it simple.  My 650 score isn't going to go up, but might go down if I close AMEX and some of my other old accounts, my only reason for keeping them open at the moment.  USAA fee due in June, AMEX in August, CSP in December.  $20K limit on 4 cards is plenty for me. Maybe it's time to stop worrying about credit scores, cards, gold prices, oil, and play some more music or something.  Get a life if I can find one at my age (54) and condition.  Thanks to all who have helped me here.  I really enjoy it here.  Who'd have thought credit cards would bring people together?  Comments?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
northface28
Established Contributor

Re: bicycle ride of credit card payoff

Do what makes you happy, in the grand scheme of things, how much does all this really matter?

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: bicycle ride of credit card payoff

Just a thought...how about getting a no AF amex cc rather than the fee on the charge card. It would still have the same starting year because of amex backdating. Unless some of the perks of the amex are worth your AF.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.