cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bill me later on ebay?! denied but confused...help!

tag
alessandrom
Regular Contributor

Re: bill me later on ebay?! denied but confused...help!

on another note if you dont mind me asking what are the reasons for denial? I was able to get this bml account with a fico of 620 or less and you say ur fico is 800 should of been automatically approved unless the reasons for denials are other. Just curious

Current Score: Walmart TU 694 - Credit karma 679 - Credit Sesame 671- VantageScore 695 MyFico ?
Goal Score: 750
Message 11 of 25
SantaMar
Regular Contributor

my reasons for denial, again, is why i think a "pull" wasnt made. the letter states "your information was incomplete or inaccurate or the circumstances may have suggested that the purchase was not made by you"

i hope a pull wasnt made. i mean it seems they dont have enough information....it seems like Bill Me Later called EQ like " um hey we got this kid named jonny born in 82 wana give him some credit? lol....but like a previous poster said, ebay and paypal do have enough information on people to do soft pulls, but i mean i just dont want that hard hard pull. and im guessing without my social, even my last 4, i cant see a hard pull being done. i will check my reports tomorrow...
Message 12 of 25
alessandrom
Regular Contributor

good luck sounds to me like a pull wasen't made.

@SantaMar wrote:
my reasons for denial, again, is why i think a "pull" wasnt made. the letter states "your information was incomplete or inaccurate or the circumstances may have suggested that the purchase was not made by you"

i hope a pull wasnt made. i mean it seems they dont have enough information....it seems like Bill Me Later called EQ like " um hey we got this kid named jonny born in 82 wana give him some credit? lol....but like a previous poster said, ebay and paypal do have enough information on people to do soft pulls, but i mean i just dont want that hard hard pull. and im guessing without my social, even my last 4, i cant see a hard pull being done. i will check my reports tomorrow...good luck sounds to

good luck sounds to me like a pull wasen't made.

Current Score: Walmart TU 694 - Credit karma 679 - Credit Sesame 671- VantageScore 695 MyFico ?
Goal Score: 750
Message 13 of 25
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

doesn't the letter have a disclosure statement something to the tune of if you are denied credit you are entitled to a copy of your report from the reporting agency used its info is found below blah blah blah....i would think there would at least be a number somewhere on there you could call to comeplete the request or in your case to find out if any pull was done.

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 14 of 25
SantaMar
Regular Contributor

yes there is a disclosure statement telling me i can contact EQ and im in titled to a report, which i will get tomorrow, i tried to contact the number but it seems the automated phone tree is massive and getting to a live rep is only available if you buy a report?!? idk....it didnt give me a prompt to speak to somebody....i have yet to get my free yearly report in 2013 so i will use this as the reason...
Message 15 of 25
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

When you app for a bill me late account you have to put in the last 4 numbers of your social security number. You can't just click a button on accident. So your wife must of did it,

Message 16 of 25
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

My Paypal MC app was extremely easy...
I did indeed need my ssn though.
It's like the only thing they didn't have prefilled haha
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 25
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Juss11 wrote:

When you app for a bill me late account you have to put in the last 4 numbers of your social security number. You can't just click a button on accident. So your wife must of did it,

Yea that was confusing me as well, almost every card app i've filled out i've had to enter SSN or last 4.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 25
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

On another note just because your paypal is linked to your ebay and she is using it, she can just hit to pay with "other options other than paypal" or whate ever the exact wording they use when you begin the check out just because you have your accounts "linked" Then she can actually turn back around and most of the time paypal is the only payment option so you end up back at a screen to sign in but this time you are not auto signed in and she could sign in to her own paypal and pay.

as far as bill me later, they are easy to get into the app and what not especially if popping up like that which means probably appproved if given right info and I agree you can't put in the info by mistake but you can easily get the letter you got for possibly getting confused that it wanted to verify something of hers or what not and she typed in her info... even though you got the letter and "maybe" even a hp (quick read, looks like you said you didn't so far) but I have personally had that happen... someone else tried to check out with their account they already had open but while in my ebay account and it pulled the other parts not asked for from my info and it instantly didn't go through, I did take a pull but was able to get them to remove it.  The person was able to also sign out of the screens and do over and it was fine... think a cookies thing.

Message 19 of 25
missmama
Contributor

Just wanted to mention that I wasn't approved for BML at first, long short they pull from Experian, my access to my free report would't work with only Experian, other two worked fine, so I called Experian and found out it did not show my current address... not sure why other did but EX didnt but I had to wait for them to snail mail me an access code. Took a week. Got in EX to my report. Then tried again for BML and IT WORKED! The problem was BML couldn't pull EX because of that address thing. The fix was with EX, not BML. 

My original BML error was "your information was incomplete or inaccurate or the circumstances may have suggested that the purchase was not made by you".  So if you call EX- which I got right through and they knew exactly what I needed Smiley Happy You might be able to confirm your idenity on the phone but I couldn't because it was an adress thing. 

Experian:

Contact us toll-free at 1-877-284-7942. For your convenience, our Call Center is open: Monday-Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday-Sunday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.

hope that helps a bit

EDIT: just an fyi. I used my original credit of 301.00 straight away, then I did more buying to see if it would approve... it did for another 500.00. Ok so then it limited out and I got the error:

5-16-13   update to add:

So I got an email and it says why it was denied and gave me my score but it was soft pulled by Equifax NOT Experian!! I am confused because I read they pull Experian and when I couldnt get my free report because of the verify identity thing, as soon as I fixed my Experian account access and then BML approved. So I \dont know if they pull one for approval and the other for CLI???

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.