Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

black discover it

tag
Brax
Frequent Contributor

Re: black discover it

I don't think there's any guarantee 40K spending will get a Premium Plus upgrade. There's no guarantee you will even get upgraded to the Premium, which is supposedly the mid-tier product between Core/Rewards and Premium Plus. I've repeatedly asked many reps/supervisors about these tiers and they are always clueless. Even reading the benefits off their own webpage doesn’t help.

After I hit 40K in spend on the IT, nothing happened so YMMV.

That's Discover for you.

Message 41 of 46
enharu
Super Contributor

Well maybe it's like the centurion. Spending 250k isn't gusranteed an invite. Maybe it's 40k after deducting returns and credits. Maybe customers have to reach a certain level of profit margin for discover. Who knows.

I spent 31k last year and didn't get any invite to any mid tier if there's even a mid tier.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 42 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Here's the question. Once you get it, Do you have to keep up that level of spend on it?

It's a very doable proposition. If we allocated ALL our spend to our Discover It. Smiley Tongue

i'm guessing you get to keep it once you get the card. same thing for Palladium, centurion, etc.

what if Discover is the first one to NOT let you keep the card? "sorry, you didn't meet the required spending last year, your card is canceled, please discard the card and your new IT card will be mailed to you within 7-10 days."

That would be most annoying.

Message 43 of 46
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

deleted .. answer was given already above ...lol
Message 44 of 46
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@Brax wrote:

I don't think there's any guarantee 40K spending will get a Premium Plus upgrade. There's no guarantee you will even get upgraded to the Premium, which is supposedly the mid-tier product between Core/Rewards and Premium Plus. I've repeatedly asked many reps/supervisors about these tiers and they are always clueless. Even reading the benefits off their own webpage doesn’t help.

After I hit 40K in spend on the IT, nothing happened so YMMV.

That's Discover for you.

Yeah even when I call, they are pretty clueless about it. I was first upgraded to Premium and then later PP. I actually hit the $40K on More and was reluctant to convert to it over possible downgrade. I took a chance and it preserved PP. I think Discover charges merchants a higher fee for P and PP.

Message 45 of 46
TrulyyBlessed
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@DigitalArk wrote:

I did not even know about it. I haven't seen one in anybody's siggy. Where can I find one? Smiley Surprised

You won't necessarily find one and yes it's by invitation only.  But, there's a few forum members that have the Discover Premium Plus, namely mxp114.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-Upgrade/td-p/1582356

Thanks for the info. That card looks awesome, but unfortunately I will never obtain one unless they offer it as a design for the Discover IT. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Nov. 2012 585
Current Score: EQ 733 EX 777 TU 743 Goal Score: 750+

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.