Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blacklists?

tag
aer7372
Valued Member

Re: blacklists?

Wamu also, I applied and got a letter saying that I already have an account with them so I can't get another one.  I called them and they said well you had an account with Providian that is a paid c/o from 1999.  So I'm not eligible for another card and they don't know when this will fall off their system.

Does anyone know if Kay Jewelers blacklists?

I have included both HSBC and Capital one in BK's twice and they are always willing to give me more cards.
Message 21 of 31
Logical
Regular Contributor

aer7372 wrote:
Wamu also, I applied and got a letter saying that I already have an account with them so I can't get another one.  I called them and they said well you had an account with Providian that is a paid c/o from 1999.  So I'm not eligible for another card and they don't know when this will fall off their system.

Last Year I got a WaMu Visa with an unpaid Providian co that was still on the report (dropped off 2 months later) Must be a ymmv
Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused wrote:
Sears!

Disagree! They've been good to me. Removed a late with a phone call. Oh but they did stop reporting to two CRAs (they've said they sent a note to have them added back but it takes 60-90 days), and they've denied me twice for CLI even though I've been a customer since 1996 with no lates (now)...

Okay I take it back. Smiley Happy
Message 23 of 31
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

So, for those of you that have been victim of the blacklisters--did you get your credit pulled upon applying?  I just got a notice from Target that I am blacklisted (due to a $200 CO from 5 years ago).  As far as I can see so far, it doesn't look like they ever pulled my credit.  That would really be rotten if you got hit with an inquiry only to find out you would get rejected no matter what was on your report anyway due to the blacklist.
Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase. I had an auto chargeoff because one of their CSRs screwed up my account. I now have a $5000 card and a $14000 business card. Though I had to wait for the stuff to drop off.

BOA. I have a 99/500 card and a $5000 business card. Was wondering why they were stingy with me and refuse to give me an increase on the business card. Well it's because an MBNA account from 2000. Lost my job, yada yada yada...so it went to collections. October is my unsecure month for the 99/500 but not sure they're going to do anything for me.
Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

i agree wamu/providian and target both blacklist.

i had accounts with target and providian back in like 1997, they still wont give me a new card from either. i didnt know it when i applied2 weeks ago, but then they sent me a letter, after i applied, to remind me that i had old accounts. i called the collection agency on the target..they are nuts..a $200 limit, is now $1100 due to the interest..both target and ca told me until i pay i can never have another card with them until that one is paid, even though it fell out a few years ago...
il
i didnt even bother to call about providian, but while i was on the phone with collection agency, he let me know they had providian as well...i didnt even know providian and wamu were the same until i got the letter...
Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target & Macy's filed them in a bk back in 2001 was told i could never get a account with them again.
Message 27 of 31
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

I had an account w/ AMEX in the early 90's that I defaulted on. Went to collections,has never been satisfied, and 14 years have gone by.
Was approved for a Delta Skymiles this year that has been converted to Blue Cash.
Somehow it's still on 2 CR's as 'CLOSED BY CONSUMER' though.
I'll get a letter every now and then from NCO looking to collect but the SOL is so old I ignore them.
Really weird situation,AMEX doesn't seem to know although some here have said NCO works hand in hand with them, it's being reported wrong by the CRA's and has for years,it's my oldest account for average age,and I don't know why I'm not blacklisted or offered Oasis.
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 3 accounts with GEMB in 2001 and defaulted on them.  I just applied for Belk (it's a GEMB card) and got approved for $250.  No BK. 
Message Edited by did2009 on 07-07-2009 07:15 PM
Message 29 of 31
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

"MACY'S huge blacklist was denied because they were in my BK from 95.  I tried to recon, but they said there is nothing they can do because it comes up automatically.  That was 13 years ago are they crazy"

Is this still true? If it is, then there is no reason for me to even bother trying since I had a macy's card included in a CH13 BK back in 1996..and had Target in that one as well.

Guess I will have to go the secured major card route and then in time find other avenues for rebuilding

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.