Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

**bleep** CAP 1?

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: **bleep** CAP 1?

what i dont understand is why you would bother with cap one when you are a member with nfcu and you can grow greatly with them and not cap one

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 11 of 16
negg
Frequent Contributor

What the guy above me said....your local cu will treat you a lot better then cap1. Plus when you have an issue you call the credit union not "Gary" from Pakistan
CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 12 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@rootpooty wrote:

what i dont understand is why you would bother with cap one when you are a member with nfcu and you can grow greatly with them and not cap one

Because there's only 2 tradelines for the OP according to her sig, and 3 is mo' better? Smiley Wink

This fact gets too often lost sometimes: there's more to FICO and financial life than CU's, even incredibly good ones like NFCU.

        
Message 13 of 16
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

Because there's only 2 tradelines for the OP according to her sig, and 3 is mo' better? Smiley Wink

This fact gets too often lost sometimes: there's more to FICO and financial life than CU's, even incredibly good ones like NFCU.

i agree however one can obtain many great tradelines without having to go with the frustration of cap one. many people do caue they arent fortunate like you or i or the op to be members of nfcu. i also agree in forms of building/rebuilding that 3 tradelines is best. i believe the op has 3 tradelines already

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 14 of 16
Learning_Tee0225
Regular Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

i agree however one can obtain many great tradelines without having to go with the frustration of cap one. many people do caue they arent fortunate like you or i or the op to be members of nfcu. i also agree in forms of building/rebuilding that 3 tradelines is best. i believe the op has 3 tradelines already

Yes i do have 3 CC at the moment as was really just looking for one more but your right this is to much hassle ill jsut stick with what i have and when the time comes to upgrade i Def wont be looking at Cap 1..

Credit recovery journey -Jan 2022
1/2022: TU: 557 EX: 521 EQ: 567
6/2022: TU: 630 EX: 633 EQ:640
Current Cards
Open Sky Secured: $300
Discover IT: $2000
Merrick Bank: 2K
Mission Lane: $800
Forever 21: $600
Apple Card $1500, NFCU Go Rewards $6700, Amazon $600, Kohls $750
Message 15 of 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Learning_Tee0225 wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

Yes i do have 3 CC at the moment as was really just looking for one more but your right this is to much hassle ill jsut stick with what i have and when the time comes to upgrade i Def wont be looking at Cap 1..

Oh the horror, lead astray by an out of date signature line Smiley Wink  Good point then Rooty, my apologies.

        
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.