Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocked CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

blocked CR

How do you block/unblock your CRs and to have companies pull from a specific CRA?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: blocked CR

Call the CRA(s).
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks, is there any specifics you must inform them about the block(s) and as to why?
Message 3 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Do you have freezes or fraud alerts on your reports? I have fraud alerts on mine and I was told by the CRAs if I wanted to apply for new credit, I would have to contact them ahead of time and give them a specific range of dates to allow  new creditors to pull my credit. In addition to the range date you give to the CRAs, you can make it creditor specific. Let's say you want to app for credit cards with Amex and BoA, you would give the CRAs a range of dates and inform them that you plan on apping with these two CCCs only. What's suppose to happen here is only these two companies will be allowed to pull your credit and any others are unauthorized and would be denied access to your reports.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kewlness w/ the information.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks....appreciqate the insight & knowledge, but what are the right phone numbers for the each CRA to use to be able to speak directly with a rep. and have this done.
Message 6 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Good question! I should have known this would be an issue, but I didn't think about it because I won't be apping again for a long time. The numbers on the correspondence mailed to me by the CRAs are all automated, irritating as usual. I will see if I can dig up some numbers so we can talk with a HUMAN.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.