Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bloomingdales recon help

tag
drcc2013
Valued Member

bloomingdales recon help

hi recently lost my bloomingdales store card literally over $0.01 being past due that i was unaware of because my statement showed that i actually had a credit for $1.01 on my account ........in short 2 months later they closed my account saying becuase i was late 3 months with a 1 cent balance they were closing my account....how can i get them off my CR or get my account open back up. i think it was the lack of usage why they closed it

any ideas suggestion please thank you 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: bloomingdales recon help

Is it showing any lates or negative stati like "charged-off"? Or is it positive and closed?

Message 2 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

@drcc2013 wrote:

hi recently lost my bloomingdales store card literally over $0.01 being past due that i was unaware of because my statement showed that i actually had a credit for $1.01 on my account ........in short 2 months later they closed my account saying becuase i was late 3 months with a 1 cent balance they were closing my account....how can i get them off my CR or get my account open back up. i think it was the lack of usage why they closed it

any ideas suggestion please thank you 

Saw you post in the other thread. here is it again.

Same number as Macys. 

Macy's: 800-627-2909 (Credit Dept. - new credit, inquiries on upgrade to Visa AmEx, credit reporting issues)

Macy's: 800-543-9617 (Recovery Services)

Are you 100% sure you owe only 1 cent?

If it is just 1 cent, I'm surprised they didn't just write it off and instead reported you as late. From what I know most lenders would just write off any balances that is less than 25 cents. So they basically charged you $2 of interest fees for just a 1 cent balance?

Your Macy's / Bloomingdales account has to be inactive for >1 year in order for it to be closed due to inactivity. Your account probably got closed due to delinquency. You can try calling the number I listed above. Unless this is due to a mistake on their end, they will not remove lates from your CR. They're one of the hardest people to negotiate with regards to this.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 8
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

No they closed your account due to the lack of paying off your balance not because you didn't use the card... Its too bad that they shut you down cuz of that very little amount past due... They most likely won't want to remove the lates in your reports (so sorry) You could re-apply later for their card but the lates might stay in your reports for 7 years
Message 4 of 8
drcc2013
Valued Member

hello, thank you.......but is the recon number the same as macys?

ok heres the deal on equifax is shows PAA, NO LATES ,CLOSED ACCOUNT

on EXP it shows current closed but 3 lates 

trans i havent pulled yet

i was late i ignored the balance of $0.01 for 2 months paid them $1.00 the third month thought everythin was ok. 2 months later after a letter about closing my account called to ask why etc said sorry no policy your more than welcome to go reapply in the store for a new account than after a long conversation still pulls my credit but tells me we cant give you a answer over the phone becuase of are new policy go into a store reapply ......amexRobot Mad miss dsnb

so i get a inquiry for nothing 

Message 5 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

@drcc2013 wrote:

hello, thank you.......but is the recon number the same as macys?

ok heres the deal on equifax is shows PAA, NO LATES ,CLOSED ACCOUNT

on EXP it shows current closed but 3 lates 

trans i havent pulled yet

i was late i ignored the balance of $0.01 for 2 months paid them $1.00 the third month thought everythin was ok. 2 months later after a letter about closing my account called to ask why etc said sorry no policy your more than welcome to go reapply in the store for a new account than after a long conversation still pulls my credit but tells me we cant give you a answer over the phone becuase of are new policy go into a store reapply ......amexRobot Mad miss dsnb

so i get a inquiry for nothing 

It is the same number as Macy's.

I'm not quite following you here.

Are you 100% sure it is just $0.01? normally any lender will just write it off it it's just 1 cent.

And if you indeed owed only $0.01, the MINIMUM finance fee is still $2. So that means you owe them $2.01 total after the 1st cycle. After the 2nd month it will be $4.01.

Paying $1 means you still owe them $3.01.

Edit: To add, unless this is caused by an error on DNSB's end, it's best you forget about this and move on. They're one of the hardest people to negotiate / plead with.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 8
drcc2013
Valued Member

sorry no actually im wrong i got account mixed up with something else

it was a 1 cent balance than finace fee etc i over paid it $XX left me with a balance of -$1.50 account got closed for NO REASON ...still have the refund check they sent me for $1.50

Message 7 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

Well do you know why did they report you for being late then? 

I am guessing your account got closed because of late payments.

I'm still quite confused. So were you late for certain payments, or did you have a positive balance?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.