Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blue cash preffered amex card

tag
dp321
Regular Contributor

Re: blue cash preffered amex card

Hi fused, 

Just posted it without writing stuff first, thanks though.

Starting Score: EQ: 703 (4/2011);
Current Score: EQ: 738 (04/2013)

Goal Score: ALL 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 41 of 46
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Got it!Smiley Happy

Message 42 of 46
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@rocketsfan85 wrote:

I have a question about the annual fee for the Blue Cash card.  Did you guys get charged the annual fee of 75 dollars all at once?  I got charged 37.50  two months ago and it said annual fee but they haven't charged the rest of the annual fee yet.  Is this normal?

I got one single charge of $75 for the AF.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Message 43 of 46
stan_the_man
Established Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

@rocketsfan85 wrote:

I have a question about the annual fee for the Blue Cash card.  Did you guys get charged the annual fee of 75 dollars all at once?  I got charged 37.50  two months ago and it said annual fee but they haven't charged the rest of the annual fee yet.  Is this normal?

@clocktick wrote:

@rocketsfan85 wrote:

Apparently, my letter for DW got Scottrade to change their policy of doing hard inquiries for IRA accounts. They changed the pull from hard to soft, and -- now -- they supposedly only pull soft for new IRA accounts (I don't know their policies for other accounts).

It wasn't for the purposes of credit, it was actually to comply with the know your customer rules in the Patriot Act. They can get that information from a soft inquiry (just like PNC did when I opened a checking account -- they also pull Chexsystems, but I don't really know how that works).

Message 44 of 46
CreditMuppet
Frequent Contributor

When Apping for the Blue Everyday card, did you have any existing AMEX cards?  I am considering applying for that or the Preferred version with EQ 775 and Transuntion 770 (both pulled here at MyFico).  The only baddie I have is a 30 day late from 2.5 years a go, So I think i may have a good chance of Approval but have no current Amex cards.

Starting Score: 770
Current Score: 765 (EX) 763 (EQ) 756 (TU)

Auto Enhanced: 788 (EX)
Goal Score: 800
Message 45 of 46
jpnelly
Valued Member

I was just approved for the preferred card and I did not have an existing account with AMEX. My FICO scores are EQ 781 and TU 765. My last baddie was from 3 years ago so I wouldn't think you would have a problem getting approved.

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.