Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

boa card conversion

tag
moonman
Frequent Contributor

boa card conversion

On Dec 31  I decided to convert my Bank of America Mastercard with World Points to a BankAmericard power rewards card and noticed today that it is now a BankAmericard Power rewards Platinum Plus mastercard.I just received an alert online on my account with BOA confirming the conversion but I was under the assumption that all BankAmericards were Visa's.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: boa card conversion

@moonman wrote:

On Dec 31  I decided to convert my Bank of America Mastercard with World Points to a BankAmericard power rewards card and noticed today that it is now a BankAmericard Power rewards Platinum Plus mastercard.I just received an alert online on my account with BOA confirming the conversion but I was under the assumption that all BankAmericards were Visa's.

Did you get this card?  How did it turn out?  If you can see the full 16 digit account number, if it starts with a 5, it is indeed a MasterCard, a 4 Visa.  (Amex is 3, Discover is 6).

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 2 of 3
moonman
Frequent Contributor

Re: boa card conversion

@smc733 wrote:

@moonman wrote:

Did you get this card?  How did it turn out?  If you can see the full 16 digit account number, if it starts with a 5, it is indeed a MasterCard, a 4 Visa.  (Amex is 3, Discover is 6).

I received the card this past Saturday and the card is a BankAmericard power rewards Mastercard. It turned out alright but considering that Bank of America promotes more card as Visa's, I thought that my Mastercard would also be converted too.The card looks pretty cool thought.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.