Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

boa credit card convert it boa amex

tag
mustangy
Contributor

boa credit card convert it boa amex

Hi i have master card Bofa and if i ll convert it to amex will i l lose to credit history age of credit card . Master card is my older card and its keep my avarage account age older.

Or how can convert or balance transfer and keep it older in credit history

Thanks for all answer already

capital one $3500 limit aug 2019
capital one $3k limit aut user feb 2019
td cash 2k limit sep 2019
what is 3rd ??? to apply
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: boa credit card convert it boa amex

@mustangy wrote:

Hi i have master card Bofa and if i ll convert it to amex will i l lose to credit history age of credit card . Master card is my older card and its keep my avarage account age older.

Or how can convert or balance transfer and keep it older in credit history

Thanks for all answer already

AFAIK BOFA keeps all history when they PC to different cards; I don't think the MC -> Amex makes any difference in this case, you're still with BOFA (or FIA services) and you're just switching the transactional network on the backend.

        
Message 2 of 7
HiLine
Blogger

Does the Amex version offer different benefits than the Visa version? If not, why convert to a less accepted card?

Message 3 of 7
mustangy
Contributor

I have 2 bofa master card and visa

master card is older one and helps my history age old

If i ll transfer the master any other credit card will i lose lenght of history related to master card

and master has 29$ fee i tried over phone but they do not remove Smiley Sad

what is 3rd ??? to apply
Message 4 of 7
YahComb
Established Contributor

as revelate said, you should not lose your history by doing a product change.

as for the annual fee, what worked for me was to tell them that i liked using their card and saw it's long term potential, but it was my last annual fee card(it actually isn't but i forgot my ZYNC has a fee too,  im in the first year so its waived) card and i didn't know how many more years i could put up with that.

It Probably helps that i do have a few other cards and good PIF habits(i have it set to pay whatever is left on the statement right after the statement cuts). I usually let this card report a balance, albeit a relatively small one.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 5 of 7
mustangy
Contributor

awsome Boa i get a letter thats says

problem solved but unsuccessful

its mean they do not convert me my master to amex now what to do

Thats the oldest acc and this is insane i closing it or will try to add boa visa signature limit (15k)

spend 60 k year on credit card of boa keep 50k without interests in checking use Merril Lynch but slow slow good bye boa

i have checking account closed first checking account bucause of fees and open this one from internet whic was stated will be totally free because of its over internet still they try to cahrges fee some time

GOOD BYE BOA

what is 3rd ??? to apply
Message 6 of 7
linux007969
Established Contributor

@mustangy wrote:

awsome Boa i get a letter thats says

problem solved but unsuccessful

its mean they do not convert me my master to amex now what to do

Thats the oldest acc and this is insane i closing it or will try to add boa visa signature limit (15k)

spend 60 k year on credit card of boa keep 50k without interests in checking use Merril Lynch but slow slow good bye boa

i have checking account closed first checking account bucause of fees and open this one from internet whic was stated will be totally free because of its over internet still they try to cahrges fee some time

GOOD BYE BOA

So they couldn't help you? Wow I'm completely shocked! I got my secured card earlier this year and the same day i activated the card i called back and asked to add 1 2 3 rewards on my account and they said no problem you deserve it! & 4 weeks later they sent me a new card with a new account number that says Cash Rewards. I also helped me friend with his account, he had a card since 1992 with FIA and FIA converted him to a full BankAmericard and  just recently i suggested to him the he get cash rewards on his account and we initiated an online chat and they are going to send him a Cash Rewards card as well!

Maybe you should send them a complaint on Twitter and i'm sure they'll be willing to help.

or you could even call FIA 1-800-655-1491. Their automated system will know you are calling about a Bank of America card after they ask you for the last 4 of your credit card account number, then after the automated system finishes talking you can press zero and get a very nice rep in the United States.

Best of Luck! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.