cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bofa finance charges during 0% apr/12 mo. promo??

tag
lizabeth
Contributor

bofa finance charges during 0% apr/12 mo. promo??

i checked my online statement just now and saw that bank of america has started adding finance charges to my december and january billing. i got the card in july with 0% apr on purchases and bank transfers for 12 months. i have been carrying a balance. but have never done a bank transfer.

before i call tomorrow....is this something that is going to require written proof? i truly doubt i'd ever be able to find my terms paper. and i dont want them messing with/lying to me.

has this ever happened to anyone?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: bofa finance charges during 0% apr/12 mo. promo??

cash advance? were you late? did you go over limit?
Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

cash advance? were you late? did you go over limit?
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

does it show the interest under purchases apr?  not under cash advance apr?
Message 3 of 6
lizabeth
Contributor

oh BROTHER. i was 'fake' late one month by two dollars because they up'd my monthly min payment by ($2) without my realizing (dont even ask me how I didnt notice).... the missing amount was considered late.
saw the late fee and immediately called last month. 
CRA said: 'oh how weird. i'll remove the late and refund the late fee.'...  he never mentioned the other crap that would go along with that little error. 

thanks for reminding me.
what a hassle. i'll let you know how forgiving they are when i call tomorrow.

Message 4 of 6
GregB
Valued Contributor

Do not EVER, EVER, EVER pay the minimum on any card. I have several cards where I have used 0% or 1.99% Balance Transfer or Checks. I always pay significantly more than the minimum. You just have to believe that someone is going to look at your history at some point and the person that pays the minimum is going to look worse than the person that pays more. Let's say the minimum was $40 and they raised it to $42. If you had been sending them $75 or even $50, it wouldn't have mattered.

I think it is just too easy for a company to track this stuff with the computer systems in use. Someone is likely to research the people that paid just the minimums 2 years before and target them for CLDs or closing their account. Is it really worth saving the interest on a couple hundered dollars over that year promotion to find out later that it was a bad idea?

Am I overanalyzing this?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah paying just the minimum is never a good idea, unless that is absolutely no way you can pay more..  and I mean absolutely like you have already cut cable, fast food, and other splurges out of your budget.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.