cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bonus points and Credit card payments for auto loan ??

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

bonus points and Credit card payments for auto loan ??

I have a auto loan thru Ally...They offer Western Union speed pay as an option of payment ( trying to hit the 3000 spending in 3 months on CSP)

my bills do not add up to 1000 a month .

Can I make the payment with CC and still get the spending included in my 3000 spend total??

I know that there will be a 8.00 fee associated with this charge?

Any help would be great...

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: bonus points and Credit card payments for auto loan ??

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

I have a auto loan thru Ally...They offer Western Union speed pay as an option of payment ( trying to hit the 3000 spending in 3 months on CSP)

Can I make the payment with CC and still get the spending included in my 3000 spend total??

Sure, making payments or paying rent with your CC will all count towards the spend requirement.  

You can even use sites to pay rent.  There is a heft service charge, but it's more than worth it to meet the CSP's spend requirment for 40k or 50k bonus!  You can also stock up on some prepaid gift cards at supermarkets or office supply stores to use throughout the year.

Message 2 of 13
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 3 of 13
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@Credit314 wrote:

+1

just spoke to CSR and they said as long as payment is processed as a purchase and not a cash advance then it ok....I think this will be like a cash advance right  or am I wrong??

Message 4 of 13
Open123
Super Contributor

Prepaid gift cards at supermarkets and office supply stores are all counted as "purchases."  For instance, just throw in some gift cards when grocery shopping--it'll all be classificed under the "groceries" merchant code.

If you use a site like williamspaid to process your rent or chargesmart for your mortgage, they all count as purchases.  Or, just prepay your 2013 taxes.

With the above, it should be very easy to meet the spend requirement of $3k.

Message 5 of 13
zerobacan
Established Contributor

I dont think you can buy gift cards with a credit card...

am I wrong?

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 6 of 13
Open123
Super Contributor

@zerobacan wrote:

am I wrong?

Certain places will only allow for a debit card, such as Walgreens and some drugstores.

Office Supply stores mostly allow for a CC to be used, and many supermarkets will too, such as Safeway.  

Message 7 of 13
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Prepaid gift cards at supermarkets and office supply stores are all counted as "purchases."  For instance, just throw in some gift cards when grocery shopping--it'll all be classificed under the "groceries" merchant code.

If you use a site like williamspaid to process your rent or chargesmart for your mortgage, they all count as purchases.  Or, just prepay your 2013 taxes.

With the above, it should be very easy to meet the spend requirement of $3k.

understood.....not needing the gift cards and I am getting a refund on my taxes( ya to me lol)....

I just dont want to use the bill pay for ally unless I know for sure that it will count towards the points...

the wife pays the mortgage and I pay her......ie the low monthly bills minus car payment

Message 8 of 13
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

I had to go look because I had the same question. Wells Fargo does do this thru Western Union also. So I checked it out and there is a disclaimer stating this and by the looks of it that it will hit your CC as a cash advancement.

Utility bills, rent, mortgage or a car payment. Pay bills with the click of a mouse anytime day or night. You can trust Western Union for fast, online bill paying worldwide. We also deliver international payments in more than 140 currencies. 

Payments Service (Quick Collect)

You can send payments online for your credit cards, car, rent, mortgage, utilities and more. You'll receive proof of payment in minutes.1

1. Log in to your profile. If you don’t have a profile, please register.
  2. Select the Payee from our extensive list.
  3. Pay with your credit2 or debit card (U.S. bank-issued).
  4. Save your Tracking Number (MTCN).
  5. You will receive confirmation by email.

1 Western Union guarantees to provide a transaction identification number that can be used for bill payment tracking purposes or your fee will be refunded.

2 Card issuer cash advance fee and associated interest charges may apply.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 9 of 13
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@zerobacan wrote:

am I wrong?

Certain places will only allow for a debit card, such as Walgreens and some drugstores.

Office Supply stores mostly allow for a CC to be used, and many supermarkets will too, such as Safeway.  

agree.

i bought Foodland gift cards at Foodland and Safeway gift cards at Safeway (both are supermarkets) with a credit card .

(i bought the gift cards at the grocery stores as a 3-in-1 win Smiley Happy  

1) grocery gift cards as practical Xmas gifts, i would have spent the same amt of $ anyway for Xmas gifts;  2.) used my Cash Rewards 123  cc to get  the 2% cash back for grocery store category; and 3) to finalize my $500 spend in 1st 3 months to get my $100 bonus

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.