cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buddy of mine says he has an 800 credit score but no credit cards. Could this be true ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

buddy of mine says he has an 800 credit score but no credit cards. Could this be true ?

A co-worker of mine just told me that has a 800 credit score and has NO credit cards...NO charge cards, credit card of any type. He has owned 3 homes in the past and several cars. That's about it.  I told him no way could that be true.....he insists it's true. What's your take on this ?
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: buddy of mine says he has an 800 credit score but no credit cards. Could this be true ?

firstinlastout wrote:
A co-worker of mine just told me that has a 800 credit score and has NO credit cards...NO charge cards, credit card of any type. He has owned 3 homes in the past and several cars. That's about it.  I told him no way could that be true.....he insists it's true. What's your take on this ?

Theoretically possible, I suppose.  He must be pretty old, though, and have a very, very long and pristine history on his installment accounts.

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: buddy of mine says he has an 800 credit score but no credit cards. Could this be true ?

no..he's actually 30.
Message 3 of 20
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Maybe he was an AU on some of his parents cards otherwise how did he get a mortgage for his first home in the first place without establishing credit history?

Or perhaps it was most likely an office-bluff

MEN! and their egos, 800 fico, pfft.. lmao
Message 4 of 20
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

firstinlastout wrote:
A co-worker of mine just told me that has a 800 credit score

There are Credit Scores and real FICOs.  To which is he referring?  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 5 of 20
GFer
Valued Contributor

Good one, Midnight. Didn't even think of that. Could be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay off...

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

He may also have a HAD a credit card from when he was 18 that he closed and that is still counting in his age and on his reports. It wouldn't help his current mix but it would bolster his age even more.
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

who knows. Personally, I think he is FOS.
Message 8 of 20
aftermath
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
who knows. Personally, I think he is FOS.

Do what I did with my co-worker who stated he had PERFECT credit.

I offered to pay out of my own pocket to pull his score and prove him wrong. He had 625. LOL!

People who have no idea about credit.... pfftt.

Message Edited by aftermath on 06-25-2008 07:52 PM
American Express Blue Cash Everyday $6600
Barclays US Airways Premier World Mastercard $14500
Chase Sapphire Preferred $5000
Chase Freedom Visa $1000
Chase United Explorer $8500
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select Visa Signature $7500
Citi ThankYou Premier World Mastercard $7500
Message 9 of 20
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

My BIL's is over 800 on TU, don't know about the other two.  He's only ever had one card from NFCU (Navy guy), never owned a home, and has financed two autos.  He's 52 now.

I don't know how it's possible at age 30....but stranger things have happened I suppose.
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.