cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buddy of mine says he has an 800 credit score but no credit cards. Could this be true ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: buddy of mine says he has an 800 credit score but no credit cards. Could this be true ?

I'd say it's possible to have an 800 FICO with no credit cards. Kind of the hard way to do it, but if all the other credit "stars" were properly aligned--long history, long average age of accounts, no inquiries, no lates or derogs--I don't see any reason it couldn't happen.
Message 11 of 20
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: buddy of mine says he has an 800 credit score but no credit cards. Could this be true ?

Why couldn't that be Me...ALL ME?????
Message 12 of 20
marty56
Super Contributor

He could be a fake FICO faker or a fake FAKO FICO faker.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 13 of 20
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

I don't see this as being possible.  His oldest account age couldn't be more than 2 years, unless he is on a joint account with his parents. 

I have 4 CCs and have had 3 installments, one of which is still open.  I have 0 lates, 0 overlimits and am at 5% util....   My scores are in my signature.  So I don't see how he's being truthful.

Sounds like even if it were true, it wouldn't really be good credit, since the very act of getting new credit would drop his scores dramatically.  Then he would be where he really should with respect to his scores.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 20
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

marty56 wrote:
He could be a fake FICO faker or a fake FAKO FICO faker.

Say that 3 times fast.Smiley Surprised
Message 15 of 20
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

He's got 800 FICO - thats for sure, its in his name  -   800FicoBLUFFmeister

Wow, tell him Sonority has already made his task of choosing a screen name on this forum
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

TheNewWorldMan wrote:
I'd say it's possible to have an 800 FICO with no credit cards. Kind of the hard way to do it, but if all the other credit "stars" were properly aligned--long history, long average age of accounts, no inquiries, no lates or derogs--I don't see any reason it couldn't happen.

Yes, that's kind of what I said.  Then we were informed that the person in question is 30 years old.

Still think it's possible at 30 years of age, TNWM?

Message 17 of 20
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

cheddar wrote:

Still think it's possible at 30 years of age, TNWM?

ooooh, I read 20.  30 is slightly more possible than 20, but I still say it sounds like balogna.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 20
marty56
Super Contributor

Even if true, its kinda a mute point since most of us have credit cards and use them to some degree.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

marty56 wrote:
Even if true, its kinda a mute point since most of us have credit cards and use them to some degree.

Well, I think it's still interesting from an academic perspective to show just how important or unimportant revolving accounts are to achieving a good score.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.