Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

building my credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

building my credit

Hello, I'm new here and I have questions. I'm building my credit and all I have is a Cap1 card for 6k and a five years history with them and no other cc's. Which cc should I try to get now? I am new to the credit game and think I would like to add to my credit portfolio. Can anybody help me? Thank you.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: building my credit

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, I'm new here and I have questions. I'm building my credit and all I have is a Cap1 card for 6k and a five years history with them and no other cc's. Which cc should I try to get now? I am new to the credit game and think I would like to add to my credit portfolio. Can anybody help me? Thank you.

gosh I love easy ?s - welcome!  go to check credit total, get a $ 1 trial and post your scores.  cancel the trial.  what C1 card to you have?  join NFCU via the navy league.  do a search for how to do it via the navy league of san diego.  depending on your scores you might end up with another cap1 card, a nfcu card or both.  do you travel?

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! Welcome. Which cap1 do you have? What are your scores? Do you have any negatives?
Message 3 of 26
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Hello and welcome to myFICO!  welcome.gif

There are a lot of people here who are always willing to help, but to start things off what are your goals?

Some people are into earning cash rewards, some prefer to get points/miles for travel, and still others are working on their scores to be able to make a major purchase (home, car, etc.).

Once we know where you want to go, it will be easier for us to help you get there!  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 26
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi! Welcome. Which cap1 do you have? What are your scores? Do you have any negatives?

^^^ lol hey I was here first he is mine! 

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne

Lol! I'm sure OP will love any extra advise. Smiley Happy I didn't even see your post when I did mine. I'm on mobile and must have posted just seconds after you. I was surprised to come back and see a post above mine. LOL
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I have the QS and no baddies and I like to travel

Message 7 of 26
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello I have the QS and no baddies and I like to travel

whoa...lete cut to the chase so to speak..

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/sapphire/reserve

Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I don't know my score, I don't know where to get it. I have a Cap1 QS and no other cc's and I always pay in full, I spend and pay it the same week and do it 4x a month. 

I never missed a payment. 

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried any preapproval sites? I recommend trying the prequal on Chase, citi, cap1, etc. Do you know what your scores are like?
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.