Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bye bye orchard

tag
Woolfman
Established Contributor

bye bye orchard

Well called today because in the next few weeks my AF was going to be coming due again and explained to them that i was looking to get the AF waived or just go ahead and close the account. The CSR chose the latter Smiley Happy hehe $400.00 is not worth the AF . So good riddance!
Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: bye bye orchard

Yeah, they offered to cut my AF in half....so I just "cut the card in half" and dumped the account.  They tried to assure me that this was a valuable card which "reports to all three major CRA's"  He tried to tell me "most other cc's don't do that" and this was the reason for the AF, to cover the reporting costs Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

There you go, one less nuisance to keep track of!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, they offered to cut my AF in half....so I just "cut the card in half" and dumped the account.  They tried to assure me that this was a valuable card which "reports to all three major CRA's"  He tried to tell me "most other cc's don't do that" and this was the reason for the AF, to cover the reporting costs Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the EXACT same song and dance last week. How funny. I flat out told her that I have credit monitoring and I have not one single card that doesn't report to all 3 bureaus and each one of them has rewards and a much higher credit limit and no AF.  That shut her up really quick! 

Message 4 of 12
SherriLynn
Regular Contributor

I was just billed my 3rd AF from Orchard.  I knew it was coming up, but I thought it was a lot less that the $79.66 they charged me!  I called and asked for the fee to be waived.  They told me they couldn't do that.  I said if I close the account, I won't have to pay that right?  The guy said that's right, so I told him to go ahead and close it then!  No hesitation, the account was closed in seconds!  Who needs a measley $500 CL anyway?  So... bye bye Orchard!   
08/08 FICO TU649 EQ645 EX639
12/08 FICO TU665 EQ672 EX667
03/09 EQ650
App-free since 01/29/09
Message 5 of 12
wmarat
Valued Contributor

This card sounds as fun, would I be approved for it?:smileyvery-happy:
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 6 of 12
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

wmarat wrote:
This card sounds as fun, would I be approved for it?:smileyvery-happy:

You can have mine if you want. I'll throw in a Credit One to sweeten the deal.
Message 7 of 12
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Toss in HSBC Discover and I will consider it.Smiley Very Happy
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't wait until I close on my house.  I will be closing my Orchard as well.  I have a $200 secure line.  I've had it for 3 yrs.  It never graduated.  I asked for a graduation, I was told to wait for the review.  I'll just use my NFCU visa instead.  They suck.
Message 9 of 12
eddymvp
Frequent Contributor

I have HSBC Credit card and  I called them in October, 2008 and asked for the fee to be waived.  They told me they couldn't do that.  I said if I close the account, I won't have to pay that right?  The guy said that's right, so I told him to go ahead and close it then!  No hesitation, the account was closed in seconds!  I called the next day to see if they can re-open the account and they did and I did not have to pay the AF.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.