Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

called BOA about annual fee (updated!)

tag
YahComb
Established Contributor

called BOA about annual fee (updated!)

Hey all. I just called BOA using the credit analyst backdoor about my AF. I explained how it is my last card with an AF and it is one of my best cards and i could see this being a long-term card except  the AF, and that would probably make me close it eventually. He put me on hold , then came back after 2 or 3 minutes and Said he will submit a request 4 suppression(true removal, not just an annual waiver), and theyll notify me soon. THis was a bit of a contrast as usually the first thing i get out of a CSR is the talking points about how the fee can't be changed yada yada yada but you can close and apply for a new card!

So we'll see how it goes, and if i fail, guess eventually ill be calling again and talking to a supervisor in a couple of months!

lol had to edit again after updating because the bleep thing deleted a good portion of the top paragraph.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: called BOA about annual fee

Good luck

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck!
Message 3 of 13
aplast
Regular Contributor

best of luck to you getting that af taken away. I have successfully done that on a couple of my cards, but have never done business with BOA. Ill be interested in seeing how they respond.

Message 4 of 13
SportBike4Life
Regular Contributor

Mmm there is a BOA credit card with an AF? and... I don't really get your post. from what I understand, you're trying to get the AF waived? i never knew you could do that o_0

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 13
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

GL

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 6 of 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Hope it goes through. Keep us posted!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 7 of 13
YahComb
Established Contributor

Re: called BOA about annual fee (updated!)

I just logged into my BOA account this morning. Where it says Annual fee/maintenance fee, i see a big fat 0.00 where i used to see 39.00 yesterday. Smiley Surprised

Still I will wait for them to call me or send me something in the mail before i get too giddy though!

Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Message 8 of 13
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: called BOA about annual fee (updated!)

Congrats

Message 9 of 13
YahComb
Established Contributor

@SportBike4Life wrote:

Mmm there is a BOA credit card with an AF? and... I don't really get your post. from what I understand, you're trying to get the AF waived? i never knew you could do that o_0

my AF was already waived this year (it renewed in September). My card was formerly a secured card. Graduated in 10 months right when i asked to PC to the CashRewards(i was actually asking for a secured version of the cashrewards, graduation was just an unexpected bonus).

Anecdotally i had seen that some people were able to finally get the AF removed with a little persistence, BOA will keep telling you its impossible due to the terms carrying over, but it seems there are a few reps that are willing to help you out.

Newest to Oldest

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.