cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i activate my new FIA visa sig and keep using my old fidelity amex for a little while?

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

can i activate my new FIA visa sig and keep using my old fidelity amex for a little while?

Just receive my new fidelity visa sig card yesterday. Haven't activated yet because I planned on taking advantage of Amex offer from my old fidelity amex before I have to switch...

Question is, is my old fia card automatically invalid after I activate my new card or can I use them both for a little while before July some day?

Second question, I'd like to set up Bill pay from my checking... The new fidelity card... should I just search Elan Financial Service or U.S. Bank?

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: can i activate my new FIA visa sig and keep using my old fidelity amex for a little while?

My FIA Fidelity Visa stopped working when I activated my new Elan Services Fidelity card. 

I have the Visa.. not sure if things are different for the Amex versions.. 

Message 2 of 4
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: can i activate my new FIA visa sig and keep using my old fidelity amex for a little while?

@Christina_xyt wrote:

Just receive my new fidelity visa sig card yesterday. Haven't activated yet because I planned on taking advantage of Amex offer from my old fidelity amex before I have to switch...

Question is, is my old fia card automatically invalid after I activate my new card or can I use them both for a little while before July some day? 

Second question, I'd like to set up Bill pay from my checking... The new fidelity card... should I just search Elan Financial Service or U.S. Bank?

You can use the AmEx version up to when you activate the Visa version, once you activate the Visa the AmEx version is dead. If there is a special Fidelity AmEx promotion, use it now and then activate tomorrow. I suspect if you wait too long after they send the replacement card (Visa) they'll invalidate the AmEx anyway, even if you have not activated it - just a guess. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe July 22nd or 26th it will all officially be transferred over to Elan.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.