cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i merge qs into platinum and then pc the platinum to qs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

can i merge qs into platinum and then pc the platinum to qs?

hi. my oldest card is the cap1 platinum and its kinda stuck at 2k limit. i only run one monthly charge on it to not have it closed. i also have a more recent quicksilver that is 6k. i want to get rid of the platinum since i have freedom and discover it and the QS so i have no reason for it other than keeping my oldest card. i was thinking to merge it with qs to have a 8k QS but that still means im gonna lose my oldest card in the process.

so what about merging QS into platinum to create an 8k platinum and then PC that into QS ? that way i get to dump platinum and keep history at the same time.

can u guys let me know if my idea will for sure work or am i missing something? i dont want to end up with 8k platinum and no QS. how certain is PC ?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: can i merge qs into platinum and then pc the platinum to qs?

Yes it works.  But PC the platinum into a QS first.  You can have multiple cards of the same type.  Then merge the new one into the old one.  This way if something goes haywire, you haven't lost your oldest account.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks. i totally forgot that i could PC first that makes sense. how do i go about that? just call customer service? does it require a pull? i never PCd anything before
Message 3 of 6
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
thanks. i totally forgot that i could PC first that makes sense. how do i go about that? just call customer service? does it require a pull? i never PCd anything before

Just go into chat.  Tell them you want a no fee, QS with 1.5% cash back.  They should be able to help you.  If not, email the E.O.

Good luck!  I did this.  My ex had an old platinum card from around 2002 that is now a 50K QS with the same date!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm interested in pc my platinum to a qs card, does it matter if I currently have a balance on the card(approx 50%)?

Message 5 of 6
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm interested in pc my platinum to a qs card, does it matter if I currently have a balance on the card(approx 50%)?

It doesn't matter if there is a balance on it with regards to doing a PC -- so long as the account is in good standing.  The zero balance applies to one card when merging cards.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.