Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Epic Contributor
Posts: 25,805
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: can only apply for a secured hsbc product

HSBC stopped offering cards but Household Bank (I didn't know there was a difference) is very much still offering cards.

But if you ask me, if your going to get a lower limit card, the Best Buy MasterCard is the best choice out there because of the rewards

Fico Scores 8: EX 694. TU 689. EQ 658. 05/26/2015
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,359
Registered: ‎02-07-2010
0

Re: can only apply for a secured hsbc product

householdbank is hsbc.

EX BankCard 8 FICO 820 (250-900) 04/08/14
TU FICO 806 (350-850) 04/10/14
EX VT 3.0 805 (300-850) TU VT 2.0 891 (501-990)
Credit.com score 798 (300 - 850) TU transrisk 772
card line up here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-Many-Credit-Cards-Do-YOU-have/m-p/1034512#M290859
Epic Contributor
Posts: 25,805
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: can only apply for a secured hsbc product

When I go to Householdbank.com... you go through a pre-approval thing and then get an offer for either a reward card or a plan jane card, all with annual fee from what I can see.

 

That's why I like the best buy mc better, they have been handing those out with no annual fee like crazy.

if you search above for best buy mastercard pre approval you should find link

Fico Scores 8: EX 694. TU 689. EQ 658. 05/26/2015
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,359
Registered: ‎02-07-2010
0

Re: can only apply for a secured hsbc product

best buy doesn't go by pre approval, and most are started out with the 59 usd AF. yes they do have the gold without the AF but it is 23 percent APR.

 

there are three types of rzmc cards

 

18 percent apr - platinum

21.74 percent apr - gold (59 AF). this is what almost everyone gets...

23 percent apr - gold

EX BankCard 8 FICO 820 (250-900) 04/08/14
TU FICO 806 (350-850) 04/10/14
EX VT 3.0 805 (300-850) TU VT 2.0 891 (501-990)
Credit.com score 798 (300 - 850) TU transrisk 772
card line up here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-Many-Credit-Cards-Do-YOU-have/m-p/1034512#M290859
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,197
Registered: ‎01-24-2010
0

Re: can only apply for a secured hsbc product

 


scottwagnon wrote:

householdbank is hsbc.


 

No it isn't

 

HSBC is a British Bank ( originally Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation). It is one of the largest banks worldwide.

 

Household Bank like Orchard were bought by HSBC so they are subsiduaries.     Household and Orchard are considered sub prime by most.   HSBC (especially outside the US) is considered a prime bank.

 

 

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: can only apply for a secured hsbc product


bostonte wrote:
How long ago did you try that link? It's well confirmed as dead and only offering secured for some time now. If you get anything other than secured, consider yourself very special.

Not dead.

 

I tried the link two minutes before my posting the link.

 

Also just noticed a soft hit on my credit report from HSBC.

IAALBNYL
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: can only apply for a secured hsbc product


Wolf3 wrote:

 


scottwagnon wrote:

householdbank is hsbc.


 

No it isn't

 

HSBC is a British Bank ( originally Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation). It is one of the largest banks worldwide.

 

Household Bank like Orchard were bought by HSBC so they are subsiduaries.     Household and Orchard are considered sub prime by most.   HSBC (especially outside the US) is considered a prime bank.

 

 


The line is blurry between Orchard / Household and HSBC.

 

I have a zillion-year-old Orchard that reports as HSBC on two credit reports and as Household on one.

 

I have an HSBC Premier that reports Household on one (but not the same one as my Orchard) and HSBC on two. 

 

All my soft INQs are HSBC.

IAALBNYL
Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,197
Registered: ‎01-24-2010
0

Re: can only apply for a secured hsbc product

 


O6 wrote:

Wolf3 wrote:

 


scottwagnon wrote:

householdbank is hsbc.


 

No it isn't

 

HSBC is a British Bank ( originally Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation). It is one of the largest banks worldwide.

 

Household Bank like Orchard were bought by HSBC so they are subsiduaries.     Household and Orchard are considered sub prime by most.   HSBC (especially outside the US) is considered a prime bank.

 

 


The line is blurry between Orchard / Household and HSBC.

 

I have a zillion-year-old Orchard that reports as HSBC on two credit reports and as Household on one.

 

I have an HSBC Premier that reports Household on one (but not the same one as my Orchard) and HSBC on two. 

 

All my soft INQs are HSBC.


 

True enough, My HSBC reportst the same way.   They have done some sharing of the reporting to CB and other administration. 

 

I think they are trying to keep the brands seperate though.

Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: can only apply for a secured hsbc product


Wolf3 wrote:

 


O6 wrote:

Wolf3 wrote:

 


scottwagnon wrote:

householdbank is hsbc.


 

No it isn't

 

HSBC is a British Bank ( originally Hong Kong Shanghai Banking Corporation). It is one of the largest banks worldwide.

 

Household Bank like Orchard were bought by HSBC so they are subsiduaries.     Household and Orchard are considered sub prime by most.   HSBC (especially outside the US) is considered a prime bank.

 

 


The line is blurry between Orchard / Household and HSBC.

 

I have a zillion-year-old Orchard that reports as HSBC on two credit reports and as Household on one.

 

I have an HSBC Premier that reports Household on one (but not the same one as my Orchard) and HSBC on two. 

 

All my soft INQs are HSBC.


 

True enough, My HSBC reportst the same way.   They have done some sharing of the reporting to CB and other administration. 

 

I think they are trying to keep the brands seperate though.


Very likely.

 

The tradeline with "Household" gives me the chills as it makes me think of the bottom-feeders Household Finance.  Orchard also has a sub-prime ring to it.  

 

Difficult to guess what HSBC has planned, though.  They have pretty much a bad reputation for cc's in the US as compared to a first-rate reputation abroad.  Maybe they are now trying to segment their portfolio -- HSBC w/ the best, Household with the average and Orchard with the rebuilders? 

IAALBNYL
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,359
Registered: ‎02-07-2010
0

Re: can only apply for a secured hsbc product

thank you creditaddict, oddly enough you inadvertently persuaded me to make a second attempt at applying for a RZMC... well what do you know.. APPROVED 1500 CL 21.74 APR. but i have a 59 AF.

 

this will be my first cc ever that has an AF. i am going to call back door and ask ever so kindly to waive most or all of the AF and to increase my CL.

EX BankCard 8 FICO 820 (250-900) 04/08/14
TU FICO 806 (350-850) 04/10/14
EX VT 3.0 805 (300-850) TU VT 2.0 891 (501-990)
Credit.com score 798 (300 - 850) TU transrisk 772
card line up here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-Many-Credit-Cards-Do-YOU-have/m-p/1034512#M290859
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.