Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you PC a citi CC?

tag
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

can you PC a citi CC?

I think you can, I have in the past, but does anyone know if you have to have a zero balance to do it, or can you still be using the card when you request a PC? Thanks!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Re: can you PC a citi CC?

I was told by one of their reps that you can request PC for any of their products (except maybe the co-branded ones) after a year of account opening date and that it doesn't have to have zero balance on the card that you want to PC. Hope that helps.
Message 2 of 22
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

PC elegibility would also depend on the product type as well since not all Citi cards can be PC'd - some can only remain within that same product family.  The non-cobranded cards cannot be converted to cobranded ones (i.e. Dividend to Hilton or Simplicity to AAdvantage, etc).  Best to check with them since their PC policies change frequently.

Message 3 of 22
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@eddie84 wrote:
I was told by one of their reps that you can request PC for any of their products after a year of account opening date and that it doesn't have to have zero balance on the card that you want to PC. Hope that helps.

+1.  I've recently called and asked to see if I can PC my AA Gold WMC to Platinum, but they told me the same thing...the CSR actually tried to do it but she said that the comp wouldn't let her be able to.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 4 of 22
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I wish it had been a year since I had the diamond preferred card as I don't find it useful at all! lol

Message 5 of 22
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Thanks these answers are helpful! I want to PC the AF Hilton to the non-AF version, but I PC'd to the Hilton 3 months ago from the Platinum Visa that I have had for years, so technically I don't know if they would do it now anyway. I got the Hilton for the gold status, but now that Amex Platinum includes that I figured I would save on the AF.

Message 6 of 22
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:
I was told by one of their reps that you can request PC for any of their products after a year of account opening date and that it doesn't have to have zero balance on the card that you want to PC. Hope that helps.

+1.  I've recently called and asked to see if I can PC my AA Gold WMC to Platinum, but they told me the same thing...the CSR actually tried to do it but she said that the comp wouldn't let her be able to.

Just a recommendation, but every time I've tried to PC I've just asked to speak to a supervisor when calling in... surprisingly the "options" to convert change depending on the level of the person you are speaking with. Even if the computer can't automatically make it happen, there are ways to have the request manually submitted.

Message 7 of 22
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:

Just a recommendation, but every time I've tried to PC I've just asked to speak to a supervisor when calling in... surprisingly the "options" to convert change depending on the level of the person you are speaking with. Even if the computer can't automatically make it happen, there are ways to have the request manually submitted.

Good to know!  Assuming that you've tried to PC before the year was up w/ a supervisor? 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 8 of 22
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@eddie84 wrote:

Good to know!  Assuming that you've tried to PC before the year was up w/ a supervisor? 

Well, so the year requriement can't be overridden; but the type of card you can PC to can be. So, once your year is up, call in directly to ask for a supervisor and let them know what card you actually want. They will work the magic on their end for you.

Message 9 of 22
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

PC elegibility would also depend on the product type as well since not all Citi cards can be PC'd - some can only remain within that same product family.  The non-cobranded cards cannot be converted to cobranded ones (i.e. Dividend to Hilton or Simplicity to AAdvantage, etc).  Best to check with them since their PC policies change frequently.

FinStar,

I converted my Citi previously secured mastercard to a Citi Exec. AA Card in the summer of 2012. Is this a new policy?

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.