Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you PC a citi CC?

tag
ccuser
Valued Member

Re: can you PC a citi CC?

@GeneralCucumbre wrote:

It all depends on who you speak to.  I tried converting my Dividend MasterCard the other day to a ThankYou Preferred as I want to change it now rather than later because I might close my ThankYou Premier card later to avoid the AF...and I would rather keep the MasterCard account as it is the older account.  Anyway, I called the number on the back of my ThankYou Premier card and spoke to a lady who pulled up both of my accounts and told me that I was not able to convert.  Then, just today, I decided to give it another try and this time called the number on the back of my Dividend card and the guy converted the account no problem.  Now, my Dividend card was a World Elite MasterCard...the guy asked me whether I preferred Visa or MasterCard (he didn't specify Visa Signature, World, World Elite, etc) and I told him MasterCard.  Question is, when I receive the new card, will it be a World or World Elite MasterCard?  He told me the account number would not change, so maybe that is a good sign.  But then again, my Dividend card was automatically upgraded from World to World Elite and the account number stayed the same in that process.

I've called the following 3 numbers and got almost identical responses:

866-696-5673 (on the back of the card)

866-544-9851 (account manager/supervisor ?)

718-248-6433 (EO)

AMEX BCP 25k | Discover It 17.6k | NIHFCU/Elan Bonus Rewards 9.8k | Citi ThankYou Preferred 9.4k (AU) | Barclaycard Arrival+ 8.5k | Citi Simplicity 8.5k | Andrews FCU GlobeTrek 7.5k | Sears MC 6.5k | Old Navy Visa 6k | Target 2.4k | Macy's 1.8k

EX FICO: 800 | TU FICO: 808 | EQ FICO: 815
Message 21 of 22
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Re: can you PC a citi CC?

Hmm.

I tried to PC knowing my CDP wasn't a year old yet, and the guy informed me he was unable to do it. 

I don't know if you can PC to ANYTHING not co-branded, but rather what you are eligible for and pops up when you request it. The gentleman also said it wouldn't be a problem doing MC to VISA or Visa to MC, etc., while keeping all account history, if that's something you would want to do.

For what it's worth, I called the Retention Dept. and the guy was super helpful and patient in answering all of my questions knowledgeably without hesitation. Just something i thought I'd share in case anyone was considering calling in. Frontline CSR's and perhaps supervisors get a bad rep for not knowing much, so YEMV.

I know for sure I'd call Retention again when I'm eligible to PC, though the guy said regular CSR's know more about the products themselves and may be of better service if you had trouble deciding what to PC into.

I did EO for manual review of CLI denial. Not sure it's necessary to talk to them for a standard PC.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.