Did you mean: 

can you combine HSBC cards?

tag
Niki9
Regular Contributor

Re: can you combine HSBC cards?

aaagirl wrote:
A quick update,

Got a follow-up pc from HSBC Executive card svcs, they agreed that they screwed up, must have "taped conversations", in any case they have agreed to give me the combined total CL back on the HSBC card I kept-$900, and when I brought up the interest rate they agreed to lower that as well .

I am now satisfied, and let the gal know that I appreciated her efforts on my behalfSmiley Happy

~aaagirl1

GREAT JOB!!!!

When I tried to combine the Orchard Card with the Best Buy Card - I waited 30 days and it did not work (i belive that it is listed on another post)

Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: can you combine HSBC cards?

Today I called Orchard to find out if it was possible to combine Orchard MC, Orchard Visa and HSBC Discover, the initial response was they can combine the Orchard but not HSBC. He said he will mail a form for me to fill out, then I was put on hold.

He came back after a few minutes, asked for my HSBC Discover card no. and said he might be able to combine all and said he would fill out the form for me.

He asked me which card I wanted to keep, I said the one with the oldest TL, (that's also the one with AF and a 26.99% APR)

I asked for an interest reduction but they did not have an offer for that.
I also asked for CLi, he said they will have to do a hard pull - I declined.

I will wait and see what happens with the account consolidation.

Just wondering if it is bad to apply for another HSBC or Orchard card without AF and lower APR then combining the accounts? Will my scores drop if I close the oldest  Orchard TL?

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.