cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you make Target payments instore with an ATM card ?

tag
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

can you make Target payments instore with an ATM card ?

You can make a Target Visa payment in the Target stores with cash and, I think, personal check.

But can you make a payment inside the store with a checking account ATM card ?
[I'm referring to the 'ATM card' and not the 'debit card']
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: can you make Target payments instore with an ATM card ?

Probably not. Just to be safe why dont you just go to a register and buy a stamp for .44 cents and get cashback then take it to guest services for your payment? Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 7
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

That's an interesting/clever idea. But the amount of my payment would undoubtedly exceed either the store's limit on cash back for a store purchase or the amount of cash in the register's drawer.

Also, I'm somewhat sure that at the Target register you do not have the option to enter a PIN for either an ATM card payment or a debit card payment. I have only an ATM card linked to my checking account which therefore means that signature-based transactions are not an available option for me.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, if you have a checking account, why not just pay the bill through your bank's online billpay? It's usually free but it depends on your bank. Or...go the old fashioned way and write a cheque Smiley Wink 

Message 4 of 7
mauve
Valued Contributor

I've made debit purchases with a PIN at Target stores.  You probably can do it that way.  Cashback limit is $40, but I'd imagine they could take an ATM card for bill payment.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is possible to pay at the store with a debit card.  I have done it here in Virginia.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use to make payments at target every Month. You can make your payment in the returns department with cash or debit.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.