cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you use both points from chase and discover to buy something on amazon at the same time?

tag
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

can you use both points from chase and discover to buy something on amazon at the same time?

In the near future I would like to buy a TV I will probably get it from amazon. I was wondering if I can use my points from discover and chase to buy the TV? Or can I only use one?

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

Re: can you use both points from chase and discover to buy something on amazon at the same time?

No, you can't. Why don't you just redeem your points as cashback, and pay with one card? That way you actually get more rewards.
Message 2 of 11
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: can you use both points from chase and discover to buy something on amazon at the same time?

You can absolutely use your Discover points for Amazon purchases, in whatever amount is available on the card.

You can't use two cards at once, though, so no, there's no way to use points from two cards for one purchase unless you're actually purchasing multiple items and can do separate checkouts on them.

I just checked my Amazon account and don't see any way of using Chase points, period. I suppose YMMV, but it's just not there for me.

Message 3 of 11
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

thank you for your replies! 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 4 of 11
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Yes, you can. Just buy Amazon gift cards.

I just bought a $10 Amazon gift card using Discover points only, and redeemed it into an online Amazon gift card balance. Then I bought a $1 Amazon gift card using only Chase points and redeemed them. Now I have an $11 online Amazon.com gift card balance.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 5 of 11
fot1
Established Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

You can absolutely use your Discover points for Amazon purchases, in whatever amount is available on the card.

You can't use two cards at once, though, so no, there's no way to use points from two cards for one purchase unless you're actually purchasing multiple items and can do separate checkouts on them.

I just checked my Amazon account and don't see any way of using Chase points, period. I suppose YMMV, but it's just not there for me.

Have you linked your Chase and Amazon accounts? I have the option at check out to redeem my Chase pionts

Too many to list..
Message 6 of 11
vpae
Established Contributor

@yellowcake wrote:
No, you can't. Why don't you just redeem your points as cashback, and pay with one card? That way you actually get more rewards.

This is a great idea. If the redemption for amazon$/amazon gc, and cashback is the same value. Redeem for cash then buy it again with one of the cards to get more points/cashback.

May take longer and a bit more of a hassle, but may be worth it.

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 7 of 11
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@fot1 wrote:

@Gunnar419 wrote:

Have you linked your Chase and Amazon accounts? I have the option at check out to redeem my Chase pionts

I didn't even know that was an option. I do use my Chase (Freedom) on Amazon, but the points never show. Guess I'll have to go figure out how to do that linking. With Discover it was just automatic. Thanks!

Message 8 of 11
fot1
Established Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

@fot1 wrote:

@Gunnar419 wrote:

I didn't even know that was an option. I do use my Chase (Freedom) on Amazon, but the points never show. Guess I'll have to go figure out how to do that linking. With Discover it was just automatic. Thanks!

I wanna say there is a link on the UR points page  for it but been awhile since I did it..

Too many to list..
Message 9 of 11
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

As others have said, I haven't seen a way to mix points from multiple cards. If you want to use points from a card, then any remaining amount due has to come from the same card.

I also second the comment that if it's a 1:1 conversion for the points, take the cash back on your statement (or check), and buy the item with the credit card that earns the points again. Smiley Happy

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.