Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,651
Registered: ‎05-17-2013
0

can you use both points from chase and discover to buy something on amazon at the same time?

In the near future I would like to buy a TV I will probably get it from amazon. I was wondering if I can use my points from discover and chase to buy the TV? Or can I only use one?

TU08 Fico Score (700)-Goal Score-(750)
AMEX PRG NPSL,AMEX BCE $15,000, Lowes $12000, Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Discover it $6000, Capital One Quicksliver world mastercard $5500, Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500
Regular Contributor
Posts: 152
Registered: ‎05-07-2011
0

Re: can you use both points from chase and discover to buy something on amazon at the same time?

No, you can't. Why don't you just redeem your points as cashback, and pay with one card? That way you actually get more rewards.
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,656
Registered: ‎01-23-2013
0

Re: can you use both points from chase and discover to buy something on amazon at the same time?

You can absolutely use your Discover points for Amazon purchases, in whatever amount is available on the card.

 

You can't use two cards at once, though, so no, there's no way to use points from two cards for one purchase unless you're actually purchasing multiple items and can do separate checkouts on them.

 

I just checked my Amazon account and don't see any way of using Chase points, period. I suppose YMMV, but it's just not there for me.

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,651
Registered: ‎05-17-2013
0

Re: can you use both points from chase and discover to buy something on amazon at the same time?

thank you for your replies! 

TU08 Fico Score (700)-Goal Score-(750)
AMEX PRG NPSL,AMEX BCE $15,000, Lowes $12000, Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Discover it $6000, Capital One Quicksliver world mastercard $5500, Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,302
Registered: ‎04-04-2013
0

Re: can you use both points from chase and discover to buy something on amazon at the same time?

Yes, you can. Just buy Amazon gift cards.

 

I just bought a $10 Amazon gift card using Discover points only, and redeemed it into an online Amazon gift card balance. Then I bought a $1 Amazon gift card using only Chase points and redeemed them. Now I have an $11 online Amazon.com gift card balance.


Established Contributor
Posts: 710
Registered: ‎01-10-2011
0

Re: can you use both points from chase and discover to buy something on amazon at the same time?


Gunnar419 wrote:

You can absolutely use your Discover points for Amazon purchases, in whatever amount is available on the card.

 

You can't use two cards at once, though, so no, there's no way to use points from two cards for one purchase unless you're actually purchasing multiple items and can do separate checkouts on them.

 

I just checked my Amazon account and don't see any way of using Chase points, period. I suppose YMMV, but it's just not there for me.

 


Have you linked your Chase and Amazon accounts? I have the option at check out to redeem my Chase pionts

Freedom, Mariott ,CSP, SM, QS, BCE,, PSECU, DC Walmart. Maybe someday I will do that cool pic signature thing..
Established Contributor
Posts: 541
Registered: ‎03-21-2012
0

Re: can you use both points from chase and discover to buy something on amazon at the same time?


yellowcake wrote:
No, you can't. Why don't you just redeem your points as cashback, and pay with one card? That way you actually get more rewards.

This is a great idea. If the redemption for amazon$/amazon gc, and cashback is the same value. Redeem for cash then buy it again with one of the cards to get more points/cashback.

 

May take longer and a bit more of a hassle, but may be worth it.

7/11/14 EX 764 - EQ 756 - TU 783 -- (myFico) | 02/14/15 TU 797 (Barclay) | 01/10/15 EX 781 (FNBO) | Mouseover for CLs

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,656
Registered: ‎01-23-2013
0

Re: can you use both points from chase and discover to buy something on amazon at the same time?


fot1 wrote:

Gunnar419 wrote:

You can absolutely use your Discover points for Amazon purchases, in whatever amount is available on the card.

 

You can't use two cards at once, though, so no, there's no way to use points from two cards for one purchase unless you're actually purchasing multiple items and can do separate checkouts on them.

 

I just checked my Amazon account and don't see any way of using Chase points, period. I suppose YMMV, but it's just not there for me.

 


Have you linked your Chase and Amazon accounts? I have the option at check out to redeem my Chase pionts


I didn't even know that was an option. I do use my Chase (Freedom) on Amazon, but the points never show. Guess I'll have to go figure out how to do that linking. With Discover it was just automatic. Thanks!

 

Established Contributor
Posts: 710
Registered: ‎01-10-2011
0

Re: can you use both points from chase and discover to buy something on amazon at the same time?


Gunnar419 wrote:

fot1 wrote:

Gunnar419 wrote:

You can absolutely use your Discover points for Amazon purchases, in whatever amount is available on the card.

 

You can't use two cards at once, though, so no, there's no way to use points from two cards for one purchase unless you're actually purchasing multiple items and can do separate checkouts on them.

 

I just checked my Amazon account and don't see any way of using Chase points, period. I suppose YMMV, but it's just not there for me.

 


Have you linked your Chase and Amazon accounts? I have the option at check out to redeem my Chase pionts


I didn't even know that was an option. I do use my Chase (Freedom) on Amazon, but the points never show. Guess I'll have to go figure out how to do that linking. With Discover it was just automatic. Thanks!

 


I wanna say there is a link on the UR points page  for it but been awhile since I did it..

Freedom, Mariott ,CSP, SM, QS, BCE,, PSECU, DC Walmart. Maybe someday I will do that cool pic signature thing..
Established Contributor
Posts: 922
Registered: ‎10-07-2013
0

Re: can you use both points from chase and discover to buy something on amazon at the same time?

As others have said, I haven't seen a way to mix points from multiple cards. If you want to use points from a card, then any remaining amount due has to come from the same card.

 

I also second the comment that if it's a 1:1 conversion for the points, take the cash back on your statement (or check), and buy the item with the credit card that earns the points again. :smileyhappy:

I was going to garden... Honest!
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.