roscoe

canceling a card

I'm about to cancel a cap one card.  It's due on the 8th and I will be paying off in full on the 7th.  Can I cancel the card before I pay it off?  They charge a monthly fee on the 8th so I want to avoid that.
marybeth
Frequent Contributor
laryn41

Re: canceling a card

there is n0 maintance fee if you close with a balance
Established Contributor
myhearts07

Read my post today about cancelling credit cards, you might change your mind and try another tactic.  Keep the card open, only charge a candy bar and a pop once a month, then pif when the bill comes.

Regular Contributor
ariesdreamer

myhearts07 wrote:
Read my post today about cancelling credit cards, you might change your mind and try another tactic.  Keep the card open, only charge a candy bar and a pop once a month, then pif when the bill comes.

I have 3 cards with CL's at $500 or under (one of which is Crap One). I've had the first card for 2 years, the second one (Crap One) for about 9 months, and the last one for about a few months. The question is, I really, really want to close all three since I've gotten much better CC's the last month or so. Will closing all of this affect my overall utilization?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}