Did you mean: 

cap 1 app+cap 1 AU please help!

tag

cap 1 app+cap 1 AU please help!

So I have a pre-approval for a Cap 1 Platinum Mastercard:

0% Purchases/BT's until 09/2013

NO AF

#^*^@*NO BT FEE(#*$@)&$@??

I can apply and hopefully get a decent or semi-decent CL by applying and getting approved

OR

My girlfriend can add me as an AU to her Cap 1 Furniture Row Card. They just told her to provide my name and relationship to her and

card will arrive in 7-10 days.

Would I be able to do both of these things? Just a scenario: I apply and get approved tomorrow, and then have my girlfriend contact her Furniture Row Cap 1

card to add me as an AU. Or vice versa.

Will Cap 1 see this and shoot both down?!

INFO: Her card is free and clear with a 1,200 limit. Even if I become an AU, will this limit be reflected on my CR's and affect my score positively?

I made her an AU on my Walmart CC two years ago and removed her a year ago, and that card limit STILL appears on her reports.

Someone please guide me and suggest what I should do. Can I do both without Cap 1 noticing? Or is this not a problem to have my own card with them

and also be an AU on my girlfriends?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: cap 1 app+cap 1 AU please help!

@heytherehitherehothere wrote:

What others card you current had ??? What your credit score ??? AAOA ?? Baddie......Either way you doing it have no effective way to what you tryna do.

Add AU user usually take about a few weeks to few months to appear to your credit profile.......Even Cap offer very decent deal but YMMV you would get very low limit thou. They're been know for very tight limit.

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 6
Involus
Regular Contributor

If you have the history and scores to avoid Capital One I would suggest going with someone else like Discover, Chase and so on.

Message 3 of 6

I have Citi Simplicity, Discover More, and a Walmart CC.

Simplicity at 1600. Hoping to call and get CLI either double or to 3,500 in a couple days, since my 6th month with them.

Discover More at 3750 limit.

Walmart CC at 1100.

I honestly just want to get more limit to my reports to decrease util.

I know becoming an AU will do that for me, but I'm not sure how that exactly works. Do I just basically inherit the limit onto my reports,

which in turn, raises my score, or does a SP or HP come into play with becoming an AU.

All Cap 1 asked her for was my name and my relationship to her.

I wouldn't mind app'ing for the Platinum Mastercard but I'd only be doing it through Cap 1 for, like I said before, more credit...not actually to use it.

I still need advice on if Cap 1 won't allow me becoming an AU if I apply before she gets me put on as an AU.

Or is that no big deal? Can I be an AU with Cap 1 for her card and also have my own tradeline?

Score info, report info: 650-700 across all score websites. Lowest I believe is 657 and might be TU from my Walmart card.

No bad ANYTHING. Oldest account is from 2008. Newest is Citi six months ago.

Message 4 of 6
Involus
Regular Contributor

Well I know if you want to request your Citi CLI in a few days and are wanting a new TL or AU to help util% it more than likely wont - some CCs don't report until 1st statement cuts.

And if your worried about util% just pay your cards down - don't add TLs you don't necessiarly want to lower util. App for like a Chase Slate or Freedom and add another good TL.

Cap One will NOT grow with you and is not worth the HP for a crappy card when you could get a better TL that will grow.

Message 5 of 6
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Are you plan for any big purchase ?? New house new car .....etc.....if the answer no then leave it like the way it's.

Your credit score bound back after you paid all your debt down. In case you need to look to add some AU on someone card then look for some1 with 5k and up . 1 or 2 k would not help you that much in UTii.

Another thing. i doubt others creditor would grant you another limit increase if most of your card max out and you used nearly 50 to 60% of your credit limit.

1. Paid for your debt.
  2. ASk for increase after your balance decrease around 20% and less.
  3. Credit Game loook for a long run not for short cut.
  4. Add AU doesnt mean they going to report to credit bureau. ITs pain in butt also if the account went bad and they wont remove from there.
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.