Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cap 1 cli humor

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

cap 1 cli humor

on a monthly basis i request a cli from capitol one even though i know they will deny it (i know its always a sp). the comical thing is that they always mail a document stating the reasons for denial that will absolutely never load from their webpage. today i decided to have an online chat with a csr who basically claimed that my internet was not functioning properly, hence the reason i was unable to download it. not being an exact fan of capitol one to begin with i begged the csr to answer the question of if my internet was not working how would i be talking to them on the same computer i just attempted to download the document on? i also added that i have a 90mbps internet connection.....i guess what i am wondering is does anyone else have problems viewing documents related to your account other than statements?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: cap 1 cli humor

No problem here, by law you have to be notified and that means in a way that you can actually read it, demand a letter by mail, if they refuse file a CFPB complaint.

Message 2 of 20
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

No problem here, by law you have to be notified and that means in a way that you can actually read it, demand a letter by mail, if they refuse file a CFPB complaint.

ty

Message 3 of 20
flowfaster
Established Contributor

I do it once a month too lol.  It gives you your Fico score.

Hey at least my denial reason is accurate....Current use of this card is too low.  hahaha

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 4 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

Hey at least my denial reason is accurate....Current use of this card is too low.  hahaha

As mentioned in another thread this week the mentioning of this process just to get scores is frowned upon here.

And should not be discussed

Thanks MJ

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 20
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I would think it wouldn't be a bad idea to do this simply for the reason that you won't have to think when you're eligible for a CLI! LOL

Any reason not to do this?
Message 6 of 20
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

As mentioned in another thread this week the mentioning of this process just to get scores is frowned upon here.

Thanks MJ

i really do not believe that he nor i are implying that we apply for a cli simply to see score i believe its because we wish our capitol one cards would grow!

Message 7 of 20
myjourney
Super Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

Thanks MJ

i really do not believe that he nor i are implying that we apply for a cli simply to see score i believe its because we wish our capitol one cards would grow!

I beg to differ he clearly says he does it once a month for fico score 

Mod notified thread 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@myjourney wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@flowfaster wrote:

Thanks MJ

I beg to differ he clearly says he does it once a month for fico score 

Mod notified thread 

Good evening! 

Op, sorry that your Cli's have been declined. The score provided should be used as a tool to a achieve your Cli; as stated by myjourney, requesting a Cli in order to receive a free score is not to be discussed on the forum. 

~Lexie

Message 9 of 20
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

Greetings. At the risk of mod deletion, I would just like to say that monthly FICO can be useful via CLI request. 

In my personal experience though, you arent going to get a CLI unless you are initiate a manual review via EO route. And even then it isnt a gurantee. I asked for 5k on my 1k card. They boosted me up to 1500. I asked for another CLI today, 3-4 months later, and it got sent to the underwriters for manual review. again, I asked for 5k. If they pull my Equifax, it's going to virtually be the same report plus a few more months of low utilization and PIF. 

I sure hope I get 5k..I would probably leave them alone if I got it. But with virtually the same report, I wouldnt be surprised for another 500 boost to 2k. 

Have 2 negs and a collection 6.5 years old. Dont want to ressurect those in any way, but I'd like to get them deleted.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.