cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cap 1 denial score-is it a real EX fico?

tag
spartanspirit
Contributor

cap 1 denial score-is it a real EX fico?

i went throught the cap 1 preapproval site trying to get another capital 1 as i have the platinum with 300 limit. i've had it for four months so far, pay on time and full. long story short, applied for the no hassle cash back and was given the 7-10 day notice, not a flat out denial, so i was optimistic. received the denial letter in the mail yesterday, denied for a plethora of reasons including having too many capital one cards ( i only have one) and i did not have a mortgage (in this economy????). the score they gave me was from Experian and it was 619 and it said that the range was from 300 to 850. can i assume this is a "real" fico experian score?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: cap 1 denial score-is it a real EX fico?

@spartanspirit wrote:

i went throught the cap 1 preapproval site trying to get another capital 1 as i have the platinum with 300 limit. i've had it for four months so far, pay on time and full. long story short, applied for the no hassle cash back and was given the 7-10 day notice, not a flat out denial, so i was optimistic. received the denial letter in the mail yesterday, denied for a plethora of reasons including having too many capital one cards ( i only have one) and i did not have a mortgage (in this economy????). the score they gave me was from Experian and it was 619 and it said that the range was from 300 to 850. can i assume this is a "real" fico experian score?

Did it have the word "FICO" anywhere on the letter? Without that trademarked word I'm not sure if you can rely on this or not. I wish I had a better answer for you.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I have received several scores from creditors within the past few months, only one of them had a note "type of score" which said "FICO".

None of the others indicated the score type, so like Marine indicated I don't think is it safe to assume they are FICO unless explicitly stated.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 5
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

Nowdays, when you get a score after some sort of AA it is the score they used. While it may be supplimented by other stuff on your application it's the score they pulled. If they don't say what it is but the range is the standard FICO range the odds are extremely high that it was indeed a FICO score. Most banks either pull FICO or have their own custom scores based around FICO, or less frequently, VantageScore. I think some banks don't want to identify FICO since they would rather Fair Isaac pay for their own marketing.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 4 of 5
Ms-Kato
Contributor

Hmmmm I also filed online for the same cap 1 card and no answer online of approval..I also have to wait for the letter in the mail

so I guess I'm going to be turned down .

Screw them ..I don't need money..I need good trade lines  !

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.