cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cap 1 is not approving people anymore?

tag
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Re: cap 1 is not approving people anymore?

@murat wrote:

i got approved for kay in a store for 400 dollars then GE care credit for 800 then firestone for 1000 and they are max out.i m starting to pay them in jun.i opened 3 new accounts in 2 months.i want a credit card with rewards and i want to get a new computer and furniture.should i pay capital one off and close them and apply for cash rewards card?

murat, didn't you just get that Kay card a short time ago? You saying that at that same time you also got CareCredit and Firestone...and that they're all already maxed out????

Remember this thread?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/i-have-604-EQ-score/td-p/1354929/page/3

On 4/19, you said:

"ok i m not applying anything else"

Now, barely over a month later you have maxed out $2,200 in credit...and have applied for yet another Cap1 product.

Two things are happening:

1. You are NOT listening to what the experienced members of this forum are telling you. Multiple times you have been told the correct path, yet you continue upon a destructive path...then complain that no one will approve you anymore. Put yourself in their shoes. You're a virtual credit newcomer who is opening multiple new accounts and maxing them out. Would YOU lend you more money?

2. You are killing any chances you have at gardening a prime FICO profile.

I know what I am saying may seem harsh to some, but it's the truth. And we don't help those with credit addictions by feeding their destructive behavior, IMO. STOP looking for more credit and pay down what you have. Your scores will bounce nicely as those accounts report with zero balances and age. But to come on this board - after many members have given you sound advice in the past - after disregarding the correct path and whining about not being approved for more credit is, quite frankly, getting old. Your credit future has two paths...one that leads to good credit, one that doesn't. The choice is yours.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 31 of 38
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@murat wrote:

i got approved for kay in a store for 400 dollars then GE care credit for 800 then firestone for 1000 and they are max out.i m starting to pay them in jun.i opened 3 new accounts in 2 months.i want a credit card with rewards and i want to get a new computer and furniture.should i pay capital one off and close them and apply for cash rewards card?

murat, didn't you just get that Kay card a short time ago? You saying that at that same time you also got CareCredit and Firestone...and that they're all already maxed out????

Remember this thread?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/i-have-604-EQ-score/td-p/1354929/page/3

On 4/19, you said:

"ok i m not applying anything else"

Now, barely over a month later you have maxed out $2,200 in credit...and have applied for yet another Cap1 product.

Two things are happening:

1. You are NOT listening to what the experienced members of this forum are telling you. Multiple times you have been told the correct path, yet you continue upon a destructive path...then complain that no one will approve you anymore. Put yourself in their shoes. You're a virtual credit newcomer who is opening multiple new accounts and maxing them out. Would YOU lend you more money?

2. You are killing any chances you have at gardening a prime FICO profile.

I know what I am saying may seem harsh to some, but it's the truth. And we don't help those with credit addictions by feeding their destructive behavior, IMO. STOP looking for more credit and pay down what you have. Your scores will bounce nicely as those accounts report with zero balances and age. But to come on this board - after many members have given you sound advice in the past - after disregarding the correct path and whining about not being approved for more credit is, quite frankly, getting old. Your credit future has two paths...one that leads to good credit, one that doesn't. The choice is yours.

AMEN.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 32 of 38
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Forget about fico. If Murat is maxing out cards ASAP, he is harming his financial situation. Credit cards are not a bank account. You are borrowing money and paying relatively high interest. Best case, he gives a bunch of money in interest to cc companies. Worse case, he better head to the rebuilding your credit situation to learn how to deal with collectors right now.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 33 of 38
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

Agree with the others here... you state your maxing out it sounds like your digging into debt that you don't really have the means to pay and your seeking additional credit for further debt. This is a huge red flag just to us, imagine what further creditors will think

pay off your balances asap, try to never carry a balance unless its 0%...even then avoid massive UTL 

Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 34 of 38
murat
Contributor

thats right.i have to pay them off and garden for a while.it is the best way for me right now.thanks

Message 35 of 38
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

If you cannot afford to pay cash for the furniture and/or computer, then you should not be considering those purchases right now.  Even people that have the available credit to purchase those things (and are credit smart) make sure that they can afford to turn around and pay those credit purchases quickly.  You are already in the hole over $2,000 in maxed credit.  You are in no position, at this time, to be considering purchasing furniture or a computer.

Please garden, garden, garden - before you destroy your credit and have to start from ground zero again.

Message 36 of 38
luckelle
Regular Contributor

05-28-201203:27 PM

garden for 12 mos. get yourself some anti itch cream and spread it all over your fingers lol. you are in no position to apply for anything. if you apply anything GE and some miracle happens and you get approved its going to be a low maybe 200 limit. my bet is you will be denied. btw what limit did kay jewelry start you out at? did you apply in store with cash deposit or just apply online for store credit?

+1

Starting Score: 5/2012 TU 595, EQ 565, EX fako 547
Current Score:as of 9/2012, TU 626,Walmart 612, EQ 600, EX fako 623
Goal Score: 640 by dec 2013
BofA Au 13000, Amazon 600, Capt1 300, Walmart 150
When all else fails pay it!

Message 37 of 38
marty56
Super Contributor

If need to make line purchases , I would take a hard look at Bill Me Later.  It will just cost you an INQ and offer 0% purchases.  If you can get approved, this would allow to make purchases and not impact your credit repair/gardening effort and pass on Capitol 1.

The account does not report on your CR other than the INQ.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.