Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cap 1 question?!?!?!?!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

cap 1 question?!?!?!?!?

Smiley Indifferent had secured card a year now. call cap 1 to see if I can get it unsecured but was told that they do not do cli on secured cards. was told to apply for a new card. applied for the Journey card. got the 7-10 day message....

got a letter saying I had to fax proof of ssn# and proof of address, did that last friday.. called today to check app status but was told it still showed as "pending" and they asked me if I faxed them the info yet and I told them yes, then verified the fax#, everything was the same. they told me it can take up to 3-weeks to process. now they did pull 1 of my credit reports, not sure about the others. does this mean I was approved?

btw, I have about 22 hard inqs, 4 accounts in good standing ($300,500,250,150) and one collection account (sprint from 2008). any ideas??????????? thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

Re: cap 1 question?!?!?!?!?

Since this is your very first post, we will direct you to good resources within this website.  The Search feature just below the Community tab is a great tool for looking up archived threads as a knowledgebase to get answers to your questions.  Also, take a moment to review the Stickies at the top of each forum.  These are loaded with very good information so that you can understand the credit terminologies and make smart financial decisions moving forward.

1.  Pulling a credit report does not mean you've been approved.  It only means the lender is reviewing your history.

2.  Patience.  They've already provided you with information regarding a 3-week window, so give them time to review your info.  You must learn to have patience in the world of Credit.

3.  Since you've applied for the Journey card, that tells me you're a student which may account for the high number of inquiries on your report(s).  If these are NOT related to school and you're just out applying for credit... STOP!!!  Aggressively seeking credit can do more harm than good to your score because it's showing that you're desperate for financing.

Welcome to the MyFico.com Forums.  Be sure to utilize all features and tools available to find the answers that you're seeking.  Members are available to assist you with their real-life experiences or knowledge.  Enjoy!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.