Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cap one CLI

tag
virgo
Established Contributor

cap one CLI

Any one who has dealt with Cap 1 and CLI requests will get this.   They actually gave me , wait for it, a whopping 500.00 increase. 

Don't get me wrong, I am not mocking the increase, I am mocking the steps it takes to get an increase.  I stuck it out with them when they literally screwed my account into the ground and couldnt figure out how to fix it.  They kept telling me not to worry, that they were handling it.

Now on to Credit Tracker. Is it just me, or is it not up to date?      

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Tony275
Valued Contributor

Re: cap one CLI

Congrats on the CLI! It might not be huge, but it's higher than the limit you had before!

CreditTracker is FAKO for what it's worth to you! I don't even pay attention to it!

I had contacted the EO for a CLI (very friendly and helpful!), they jumped my limit from $1k to $2k! That was only after 4 months having a Cap1 account, before that, I've had no prior experience with them, though, reading through the forums, they are quite the interesting bank to give CLIs and APR reductions.

Starting Score: (June 2014) TU08: 663 | EQ04: 640 | EX08: 685
Current Score: TU08: 757 | EQ04/08: 757/758 | EX08: 761
Goal Score: 800 across the board

Total Credit Line - $186,050 | Utilization - 16.8%
Message 2 of 9
virgo
Established Contributor

Thank you.   Because of what they did to my account, I always have to go through the EO for everything. They have always been courteous and helpfl for the most part.

Your are right that it is a Fako score but they are using it to determine my CLI so I guess one would hope that it is somewhat accurate. I have been with them for 3 years!

Oh well, maybe this started the ball rolling.

Thanks again.

Message 3 of 9
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

The FAKO from Cap1 is within 5 points of my TransUnion and Experian FICOs so if you don't have an account with a bank that gives you free monthly FICOs it's still seems to be a decent guage of the range of your true FICO.

That's just going off of this month's score though.  There's always a chance it could be way off on any subsequent scores that follow.

Message 4 of 9
fot1
Established Contributor

@iDShaDoW wrote:

The FAKO from Cap1 is within 5 points of my TransUnion and Experian FICOs so if you don't have an account with a bank that gives you free monthly FICOs it's still seems to be a decent guage of the range of your true FICO.

That's just going off of this month's score though.  There's always a chance it could be way off on any subsequent scores that follow.

My  credit tracker score is 100 pionts lower then my fico's..

Too many to list..
Message 5 of 9
gh17
Frequent Contributor

@virgo wrote:

Your are right that it is a Fako score but they are using it to determine my CLI so I guess one would hope that it is somewhat accurate.

Not true.  The Credit Tracker thing is just something they get from Credit Karma and display on their webpage for you (and I believe it's based on Transunion?).  They do regular soft pulls to determine credit limit increase eligibility.  (If you apply for a credit limit increase and get declined, they send you a letter saying where they got your credit score/report, and for me, it's Equifax.)

BofA Cash Rewards 25,000 (2009) | Citi Double Cash 25,000 (2011) | Cap1 Quicksilver 10,000 (2013) | Discover It 31,000 (2014) | Chase Freedom 9000 (2014) | Barclaycard Rewards 25,000 (2014)

FICO: 840 Discover/Barclays/BofA TU, 869 Citi Equifax
Message 6 of 9
iDShaDoW
Regular Contributor

@fot1 wrote:

@iDShaDoW wrote:

My  credit tracker score is 100 pionts lower then my fico's..

I stand corrected haha. Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 9
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

In situations such as these with Cap1, I just e-mail the EO in order to facilitate a manual review for CLI.
Message 8 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your Cap-1 CLI OP Smiley Happy

As stated CT is a FAKO score its the same one that CK gives out, the TU New Accounts Model, do not put any faith in such scores, only Ficos matter.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.