jalapelena

cap one CLI

I called Cap One today to ask for a CLI given that my accounts have been open for a year on 8/10, I have a perfect payment record and PIF every month, I have a good income ($120k me, $230k household) and I get pre-approved offers every week for Cap One Cash Rewards with a limit of $3000. I have two cards with them now, each with a limit of $750. My FICO score is ~650, which is better than the 575 it was in June of last year. 

I was denied, and I asked what I could do to get the CLI and I was told that I needed to "work with the account." What that means, I have no idea and the agent wouldn't explain it. I was told there was no way to appeal the decision or to find out why I was denied; I will get a letter but it will say "you were denied because we denied you." 

I am so frustrated I could spit. What can I do? Is it worth calling the backdoor number? Can I get another card and dump these bozos? 

Senior Contributor
jsucool76

Re: cap one CLI

Cap1s policy is to not accept customer initiated CLIs. They'll give you one when they feel like it, which may be never.

I called the exec office for the first time today about an issue i had with my card though, the csr was able to resolve my issue and tacked a $50 balance credit on to my account too, so they're helpful, but i dont know if a cli request warrants them.

You can aleays close your cards, the accounts will report on your CRs for 10 years. If you have AF i would suggest just waiting to close till they're due, and of you don't have a lot of high limits i would app for another card you want before closing so any balances you have won't skyrocket your util from closing.
;

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}