cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cap one option to go over credit line?

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: cap one option to go over credit line?

@DI wrote:

@laz98 wrote:
& there's nothing to lose by opting in if you are responsible with your credit.

Some do not think about tomorrow.  Some are addicted to credit cards and spending.  Some find a need to shop because it's a sunny and warm day.  Some need to relieve stress so they continue to shop. Unfortunately,  that same 'some' continue to shop with credit and cannot repay in all back in one lump sum.  Those "some" have everything to lose.  They give up their rights and will continue to be succumb by the banks.  The govt stepped in and it's time to stop the cycle.  I'm just saying.  

Why don't people take some personal responsibility instead of always expecting the government to baby them to death???

Message 11 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Why do people waive their rights when there is no purpose to be gained by doing so? For that matter why do we have a constitution? Or consumer protection laws of any nature? It could just be that the consumer needs to be protected, by law, from those including business and the government, who seek to do them no good. A more meaningful question is why one would advocate that individuals should cede their rights in return for nothing.
Message 12 of 14
laz98
Senior Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
Why do people waive their rights when there is no purpose to be gained by doing so? For that matter why do we have a constitution? Or consumer protection laws of any nature? It could just be that the consumer needs to be protected, by law, from those including business and the government, who seek to do them no good. A more meaningful question is why one would advocate that individuals should cede their rights in return for nothing.

No, consumers need to learn how to accept the consequences of their actions & decisions.  There are always going to be greedy SOB's about there; no law is going to change that.  People need to smarten up.

Message 13 of 14
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

i see how you could see it as a person giving up their rights but i also think some people need to learn from mistakes and be responsible. also, it isnt necessarily about going over the credit line and abusing it, but opting in would allow for authorizations above the available credit. after the charge you could make a payment and not get any fee if it post before the charge is posted. i wasnt sure if it was a good idea to opt in but i did and was glad i did. i have 2 capital one cards. one with higher limit and one with 500 limit. over the weekend i needed to make a charge and only had the 500 limit one with me. the card had $5 of available credit and i was able to make a $50 charge / 'authorization'. i think it is a good option to have but can understand those who dont want the option and would never want to risk an overlimit fee.
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.