Contributor
jordy

cap one overlimit protection

anyone have cap one call them recently about overlimit protection?

they called today and asked if i wanted overlimit protection for 29.95 a year...they would not charge a fee for going over limit...

i polietly declined... stating that i dont go overlimit and i pif before statement date...also stated the new card act...which she was like oh ok...

just was wondering if anyone else has been getting these calls?

Starting Score: EQ 623 (1/28/10) TU 666 (1/28/10)
Current Score:  EQ 666 (3/4/10) TU 708 (3/4/10)
Goal Score:    EQ 680TU 700
Super Contributor
DI

Re: cap one overlimit protection

jordy wrote:

anyone have cap one call them recently about overlimit protection?

they called today and asked if i wanted overlimit protection for 29.95 a year...they would not charge a fee for going over limit...

i polietly declined... stating that i dont go overlimit and i pif before statement date...also stated the new card act...which she was like oh ok...

just was wondering if anyone else has been getting these calls?

You did the right thing.  Capital One is looking for ways to maximize its profits.  I thought the new law prohibit them from charging over the limit fees.  I have never received a call from any bank after getting approved.  

Super Contributor
DI

Limits on over-limit fees: Consumers must "opt in" to over-limit fees. Those who opt out would have their transactions rejected if they exceed their credit limits, thus avoiding over-limit fees. Fees charged for going over the limit must be reasonable.
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

no calls, just an opt in or opt out letter.  if they had called me i wouldn't have answered anyway.
Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 716. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Contributor
jordy

thanks for the replies...

i had read the same thing on the card act... one of the reasons why i declined...

i guess there trying to get fees anyway they can now since their going to loose money on overlimit fees..

was just wondering if anyone else had recieved phone calls i thought there was supposed to be a letter to opt in or out

and if i would have known the number i wouldnt of answered, didnt know the number and its on my business phone...

a 1-800 could be a million dollar deal...lol... have to answer those... 

Starting Score: EQ 623 (1/28/10) TU 666 (1/28/10)
Current Score:  EQ 666 (3/4/10) TU 708 (3/4/10)
Goal Score:    EQ 680TU 700
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

jordy wrote:

i had read the same thing on the card act... one of the reasons why i declined...

i guess there trying to get fees anyway they can now since their going to loose money on overlimit fees..

was just wondering if anyone else had recieved phone calls i thought there was supposed to be a letter to opt in or out

and if i would have known the number i wouldnt of answered, didnt know the number and its on my business phone...

yeah, i can see why you would want to answer......but i don't answer any numbers i don't already know.  if they want to talk to me, they better leave a message, because i don't call back, either.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 716. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Super Contributor
DI

laz98 wrote:

jordy wrote:

yeah, i can see why you would want to answer......but i don't answer any numbers i don't already know if they want to talk to me, they better leave a message, because i don't call back, either.

LOL, I'm the same way. They can't leave me a voice message. They would have to text me.  But any unknown call coming from the Miami area, I answer it.  It could be about a job or school related.  

Regular Contributor
recoverychick

I got a call.  Declined.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}