Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cap one secured question

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

cap one secured question

Just wondering how soon I should expect to see a score increase with the cap one secured? Approved for $200 with $99 deposit, paying the deposit next week to get the card. If I let it report around $5 dollars each month and PIF, how fast will I see the score go up?? Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

Re: cap one secured question

@cwwatts1202 wrote:

Just wondering how soon I should expect to see a score increase with the cap one secured? Approved for $200 with $99 deposit, paying the deposit next week to get the card. If I let it report around $5 dollars each month and PIF, how fast will I see the score go up?? Thanks in advance!

there's really no set in stone rules to really tell you how much your score will improve. its one of those YMMV kind of things. Although you can use some credit score simulators, who really knows how accurate those things are.

Message 2 of 4
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

I was just asking based on others expierence with the cap one secured card Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

I've had my cap one secured card for about a year now. I have no idea how much its helped or not helped lol. What I can tell you though is that, my score is better than what it was a year ago, but theres been so many other factors invovled. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.