Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cap1 Combine possible?

tag
slothy
Contributor

cap1 Combine possible?

Hi, i have  A RZMC / (2) orchardbank (oldest cards) / cap1 rewards builder card  -  was wondering if Cap1 would allow me to "combine" the CL into one card and close the other accounts? 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: cap1 Combine possible?

@slothy wrote:

Hi, i have  A RZMC / (2) orchardbank (oldest cards) / cap1 rewards builder card  -  was wondering if Cap1 would allow me to "combine" the CL into one card and close the other accounts? 

You could call up and ask, but I'd be willing to bet $999,999,999 they'll say no. 

Message 2 of 16
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 3 of 16
beb86
Valued Contributor

I doubt it my BBRZMC doesn't even show up on my CAP1 accts yet and I have asked them that same question while the answer was the obvious NO

Message 4 of 16
Juan123
Established Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

@slothy wrote:

You could call up and ask, but I'd be willing to bet $999,999,999 they'll say no. 

i'd be willing to double his bet that they'll say no... the rep probably wont even know what you're talking about.,

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 5 of 16
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Juan123 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@slothy wrote:

i'd be willing to double his bet that they'll say no... the rep probably wont even know what you're talking about.,

+1

They'll probably tell you that your account gets reviewed periodically for a CLI Smiley Tongue 

Message 6 of 16
ItchyAppFingers
New Contributor

I tried failed twice! I tried combining both my Cap 1 Visa Platinum and MTV visa into one CL of $1,000 (both $500 a piece) the CSR gave me a big fat "NO but..... Your more that welcome to apply for a new cc with us." The other time I wanted to convert my Visa platinum into the Cashback rewards MasterCard....again was told "NO!.... but you are more than welcome to apply for the Cashback Rewards MasterCard if you will like." They rather give you 5 toy limit cards ($500 each) than one card with a big CL. Smh! Smiley Sad and there Sony Card is part of there Credit Steps program I found out! Just my luck Smiley Sad while all my other cards are growing Crap 1 is the only bank that keeps falling behind in the credit world Smiley Sad
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Message 7 of 16
distantarray
Established Contributor

@ItchyAppFingers wrote:
I tried failed twice! I tried combining both my Cap 1 Visa Platinum and MTV visa into one CL of $1,000 (both $500 a piece) the CSR gave me a big fat "NO but..... Your more that welcome to apply for a new cc with us." The other time I wanted to convert my Visa platinum into the Cashback rewards MasterCard....again was told "NO!.... but you are more than welcome to apply for the Cashback Rewards MasterCard if you will like." They rather give you 5 toy limit cards ($500 each) than one card with a big CL. Smh! Smiley Sad and there Sony Card is part of there Credit Steps program I found out! Just my luck Smiley Sad while all my other cards are growing Crap 1 is the only bank that keeps falling behind in the credit world Smiley Sad

There is only 1 good thing about a Capital One platinum card, they report ALL AU's so you can help friends or family, but if your forever alone then =\

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 8 of 16
aplast
Regular Contributor

it sounds like we need to get the executive office on the line Smiley Happy they have proven to be polite, helpful, and successful in these types of requests. Its alot easier to talk to a decision maker than a script reader! best of luck on getting this taken care of.

Message 9 of 16
distantarray
Established Contributor

@aplast wrote:

it sounds like we need to get the executive office on the line Smiley Happy they have proven to be polite, helpful, and successful in these types of requests. Its alot easier to talk to a decision maker than a script reader! best of luck on getting this taken care of.

even that is pretty hard to do without VERY Prime cards in your file, and a MUCH better credit score, and ability to PROVE you NEED the extra balances.

Capital one is both a Prime and Subprime lender which is good for us since people don't avoid capital one rebuilder cards on the credit report since it just reports Capital one. Instead of things like First Premier which people will avoid like the bubonic plague....coughamexcough

They will try to suck and leech as much subprime APR from you as possible with annual fees attached, if they actually see your a fully educated consumer and you can basically push things as they don't want to lose a PRIME customer who runs a lot of money through their accounts. Pretty much only reconsiderations I've seen are people who have Prime cards, and who max out Capital one cards frequently and pay it off multiple times a month just to prove a point they need the increase. I dunno ymmv. Just from what I've seen through capital one post and i'm a credit forum whore.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.