Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cap1 approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

cap1 approved

I got approved for Capital One® No Hassle Cash SM Rewards Credit Card but I was researching here it says starting limit will most likely be 500 but it shown. 300 for me so any suggestions
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: cap1 approved

They're weird. My wife and I applied 8 months out of bankruptcy, both have car loans showing up and each have a CC a few months old. $500 limit. Someone else on this board's GF just app'd the day after BK was discharged and got $750. There's no rhyme or reason. You'll likely be in the credit steps program, so it will increase to $500 with good use and payment history.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So pretty much I will be in the cli steps program
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can call Cap1 and ask if you're in the CS program, if you are you will need to....

1. Use your card in the first 90 days.

2. Pay your bill on time for the first 3 months (and every month thereafter obviously).

3. Do not go over your limit.

And by the 4th or 5th statement (can't' remember exactly) you will see the 500.

Also if you are in the CS program you will receive a letter in the mail about a week or two after receiving the card telling you that you are in the CS program.

Best of Luck.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too was recently approved for Cap1 as well and as you only got $300. My DH also started out at $300 when he got his back in 2008. Sounds like it is a good mix of either $300 or $500 starting limits.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.