Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cap1 question

tag
Booboo71
Established Contributor

cap1 question

Just went on the website and i was pre approved for platnium and quicksilver mastercard. I know i showed be thrilled but I want the ventire or qs visa. I have many chase cards that have over 5k limits so Im confused why these 2 cards are the ones prequalified for... Should i try for venture even though im not prequalified?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: cap1 question

Just having cards with high limits is only part of your credit picture. There are lots of reasons you might not prequal for the cards you want.

In any case, not being prequalified doesn't mean you won't get it. If you can afford the HP and the card would be useful to you then go for it.

If you end up not getting it, you'll get a letter with the reasons and you can focus on fixing them and try again in six months.

I apply for cards without being prequalified all the time, but then again I'm opted out.
Message 2 of 4
Booboo71
Established Contributor

thank you

Message 3 of 4
Scupra
Super Contributor

What are your current scores and utilization?
Filed BK7: 7/2012 (start score EQ 560 / TU 529) Discharge 10/2012
801 EQ FICO 06/2022
797 TU FICO 04/2022
793 EX FICO 04/2022
$30k NFCU Platinum | $30.7k NFCU cashRewards Sig | $15k NavChek | $7.1k Cap1 Quicksilver | $10k Amazon Store | $19k Cap1 VentureOne | $16k Barclay Aviator | $5k Chase Freedom | $5k Chase Sapphire Preferred | $9k Costco Visa | $20k AMEX BCE | AMEX Gold | NFCU Platinum #2 $19.3k | Apple $8.5k
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.