Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cap1 seems much improved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

cap1 seems much improved

Used to not like capital one but decided to give them another shot. Things have been smooth sailing and they are now one of my favorites. Never in a million years did I think id ever say that.

Anyone else like them more than you used to?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: cap1 seems much improved

Got to say, I love them.

1) Approved me for a $3000 Platinum when my only other card was a $1000 secured WF Visa.

2) Upgraded my Platinum to a no AF QS after less than a month.

3) Gave me a SP CLI on my QS to $5000.

4) Gave me another SP CLI on my QS to $5500.

5) Approved me for a $10000 Venture.

6) Gave me a $10000 SP CLI on my Venture, taking it to $20000.

And this all within a span of 8 months.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ wow lol. that's intense. i have capital one. it's a platinum with a $300 credit line i got in 2014 with a 560 credit score lol. i am over 100 points better, but that card is unused. i just have it to get a free report every month lol.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

2013*

is it me or do phones suck for forums
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Used to not like capital one but decided to give them another shot. Things have been smooth sailing and they are now one of my favorites. Never in a million years did I think id ever say that.

Yes.. I never cared for them but I now have tremendous respect for them.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Over the past year or two, they seem to doing things a little differently. Guess they decided to loosen the purse strings.

Message 6 of 14
chalupaman
Super Contributor

They're alright. They've grown faster than my Discover card I'll give them that and even their customer service I'd had better experiences with mostly than other CC companies though I have run into problems here and there.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I'm hoping no issues arise. When I had them before the limit was 300 for 2 years with no increase. Now I have a card at 5k and when I applied for it the website said for average credit(I had a 698 at the time).
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
2013*

is it me or do phones suck for forums

Not just you.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no issues with CapOne. They gave me a good rate on a QS. Unfortunately, the DC gets the bulk of my spend these days, so the QS only gets token payments. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.