cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one EO finally called....now more waiting....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: capital one EO finally called....now more waiting....

Today marks my one week/5 business days from first EO phone call, no changes yet.

At least I haven't been denied yet. Smiley Happy
Message 21 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Today marks my one week/5 business days from first EO phone call, no changes yet.

At least I haven't been denied yet. Smiley Happy

Fingers crossed for you!

I am beginning to hope they hold off a few more days on my review.  I'll be making additional payments on Wednesday that may or may not help my cause....

Message 22 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both my cards have zero balances, no changes yet.
Message 23 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

On business day 6, I checked my accounts this morning....

$700 CLI on each of my Capital One cards! Not the $5000 I asked for and not the $1000 I was hoping for but I am happy!

Plus I received a $200 unrequested free CLI from Credit One today as well!

Message 24 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

$700 CLI on each of my Capital One cards! Not the $5000 I asked for and not the $1000 I was hoping for but I am happy!

Progress!!  Congrats!  Hopefully that means my decision is coming soon!

Message 25 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm waiting too! Emailed EO last Sat (Apr 18th) got a call back Wed (Apr 22nd). It's been 3 business days. So hopefully I'll have my decision soon.
Message 26 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well they raised my CL from 1,250 to 3,000. I'm not going to complain because most of my card have higher limits. However, this is my oldest card and I've had a perfect history with it. I have never had anything negative on mg account so I don't understand why they won't give me a higher limit, but I'll take it.
Message 27 of 70
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Well they raised my CL from 1,250 to 3,000. I'm not going to complain because most of my card have higher limits. However, this is my oldest card and I've had a perfect history with it. I have never had anything negative on mg account so I don't understand why they won't give me a higher limit, but I'll take it.

Is it possible that your scores were in low-mid 600s around then?

They're also one of my oldest and I wasn't the best credit user when I got it.

They tend to put you into brackets; if your card was in their low bracket then no matter how great your credit gets over time, that card will not grow. 

You can call EO - they will generally increase limits, but not to the extent that you'll get if you do a fresh app, and definitely not at one shot.

They are also reluctant to reduce APR, and more often than not. when you PC that old card into say a QuickSilver, your APR might be higher than the maximum stated in their brochure. 

I've also had limited luck changing the Platinum into a World / World Elite, but that was for fun and cool logo and not for any real use. 

Message 28 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean it was my first credit card with no credit at all and I got approved with a 300 dollar limit. But this was five years ago. Now I've got multiple cards with high limit, a mortgage, auto loan. IMO, I there is no reason to have 3,000 dollar limit on and everyday card with perfect payment history and scores almost into the 800s. Like I said not going to complain I don't need it but it still baffles me.
Message 29 of 70
uswala
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! Something is better than nothing Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.