cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one EO finally called....now more waiting....

tag
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: capital one EO finally called....now more waiting....

@Anonymous wrote:
I mean it was my first credit card with no credit at all and I got approved with a 300 dollar limit. But this was five years ago. Now I've got multiple cards with high limit, a mortgage, auto loan. IMO, I there is no reason to have 3,000 dollar limit on and everyday card with perfect payment history and scores almost into the 800s. Like I said not going to complain I don't need it but it still baffles me.

As I said, it's because the card is "marked" so to speak.

Their system doesn't allow credit limit combining or transfers either; so that's a problem as well !

If you like Cap One cards, you have two options IMO: (a) get a new card, same card, much higher limits, but tank HP / AAoA (b) keep buggin' EO every 6 months, no HP / AAoA tank but some effort. I got two increases in about 14 months - 2k-4k-6k. Another 2 months, and I'm going to try it again.

Message 31 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

And that's fine with me. Not going for 3 hard pulls to open another account that I don't need. Discover has me at 8,000 for a card that I barely use. I even told EO, it is my everyday card and I use it more than I use my cards with higher limits (with exceptions of cards where I have to meet a spend bonus).

Right now, I'm good with where I'm at. I've got a wedding to plan, possibly a ring to finance so I need to keep my hard pulls at bay.
Message 32 of 70
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
And that's fine with me. Not going for 3 hard pulls to open another account that I don't need. Discover has me at 8,000 for a card that I barely use. I even told EO, it is my everyday card and I use it more than I use my cards with higher limits (with exceptions of cards where I have to meet a spend bonus).

Right now, I'm good with where I'm at. I've got a wedding to plan, possibly a ring to finance so I need to keep my hard pulls at bay.

Good call.

Best for the plans !

Message 33 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice though! Almost a year ago I was content with the cards I had. I need to keep myself grounded and remember that I don't NEED these increases.
Message 34 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well they raised my CL from 1,250 to 3,000. I'm not going to complain because most of my card have higher limits. However, this is my oldest card and I've had a perfect history with it. I have never had anything negative on mg account so I don't understand why they won't give me a higher limit, but I'll take it.

Congrats! That is better than nothing...which is what I have gotten so far! You were contacted after me, so I don't know how that bodes for me Smiley Sad

Message 35 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll be fine! Give it an extra day before you start worrying. I didn't think I would see something until Friday.
Message 36 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rising_up...we were contacted on the same day. I havent heard from them or seen anything either. Thinking maybe I was too ambitious in my request. But as they say "go big or go home". I'll wait until Sat. until I consider it a no...
Message 37 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Rising_up...we were contacted on the same day. I havent heard from them or seen anything either. Thinking maybe I was too ambitious in my request. But as they say "go big or go home". I'll wait until Sat. until I consider it a no...

Well, hopefully we will BOTH have good news tomorrow!  They did say 7-10 days, so I know I am just being overly anxious, but it is hard not to be!  I was slightly conservative in my request mainly because I would be happy with ANY increase.

Message 38 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still haven't been personally called back, I just seen the increase on my account yesterday.

I have checked my online documents and there hasn't been any notices on there.

There is still hope for those still waiting.
Message 39 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I still haven't been personally called back, I just seen the increase on my account yesterday.

I have checked my online documents and there hasn't been any notices on there.

There is still hope for those still waiting.

I don't care if they call back as long as an increase shows on my account Smiley Happy

I have no documnets either, so I do know that there is still hope!

Message 40 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.