Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one app status

tag
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

capital one app status

Got the 7-10 day decision ...i dont like it! Want to know if i was approved or not. Any help?
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Re: capital one app status

You're not approved, nor denied. 

You have to either wait, or call them 

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 2 of 23
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

Ah I hate that they don't have a way to check it online!!
Message 3 of 23
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

Anyone else have any advice?
Message 4 of 23
john398
Senior Contributor

@s_rob7488 wrote:
Anyone else have any advice?

have you called the # on the back door thread: Cap1: 800-548-4593 (application status - automated only)

Message 5 of 23
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

Denied! What the....i just checked my eq this morning and its at 764...how do i get decline?
Message 6 of 23
tray
Valued Contributor

@s_rob7488 wrote:
Denied! What the....i just checked my eq this morning and its at 764...how do i get decline?

What I would first do is call Cap One use the backdoor number on this forum's thread to speak with a high end credit analyst and request a reconsideration at least you know you tried for the wasted I believe 3 HARD PULLS.  But if I had a credit score like yours I would of went for the big guns and app'd for a prime bank for a card not Crap One.  I wish you luck

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 23
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

Well i wanted the venture one gold card ...i recently got sapphire preferred, amex BCE and citi diamond preferred. Wanted one last card. I have a discover ...can i app for another card if i alreahave one? Really wanting just cash rewards
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shocking to me how someone who can get great cards is denied for a Venture card. Venture isn't all that great IMO. Either a 2% cashback on everything card for a 59 AF or a 1.25% cashback for no AF. If you want a hardcore travel card then the CSP or an AMEX charge card, or even a cobranded hotel or airline card is a better bet, for cashback you probably come out ahead with the Chase freedom as well.

No idea why Cap 1 makes this card so hard to get.

I want the Venture gold as well, but I definitely will be waiting awhile, and when I do get it I will only be running maybe a couple hundred dollars a month through it to use for small travel related expenses.

Message 9 of 23
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

Ridiculous that they can't give me the reason for being denied. I have to wait for a stupid letter then call back in...my score watch says im now at 764. Pretty happy and should be good but who knows. I got Amex and chase CSP...can I app for another card with hem within 30 days of being approved?
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.