Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one app status

tag
mindacid
Valued Member

Re: capital one app status

@s_rob7488 wrote:
Denied! What the....i just checked my eq this morning and its at 764...how do i get decline?

The one thing we know about Capital One is that we don't know anything about Capilal One.  With your great score I am equally surprised about the denial.  They can always play the "you have sufficient credit already" card.   I think you should just put Cap One behind you and try for bigger and better cards.   There are many who'd be glad to have you.

Message 11 of 23
s_rob7488
Regular Contributor

At least someone thinks so! Thanks for that. I didn't want anything except the Ventureone gold.
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I originally applied for them, I received the 7-10 day message. I called a day later, and they told me that message came up because I had listed my PO Box and not physical addy on the app. If I had not called, it would have taken them nearly 3 additional weeks to process. I called 2 days after giving them that info and got the decision.

Message 13 of 23
YahComb
Established Contributor

thread necro lol

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 14 of 23
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When I originally applied for them, I received the 7-10 day message. I called a day later, and they told me that message came up because I had listed my PO Box and not physical addy on the app. If I had not called, it would have taken them nearly 3 additional weeks to process. I called 2 days after giving them that info and got the decision.

So were you approved?

Message 15 of 23
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@s_rob7488 wrote:
Denied! What the....i just checked my eq this morning and its at 764...how do i get decline?

Score is not everything. I have FICO of ~720 with AAoA of 1 year, but my credit report is still very thin. You are too in love with credit score.

For Cap 1 prime card, you need high AAoA (5+ years). I imagine denial reason being short history.

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes I was

Message 17 of 23
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

i'm pretty sure you have to wait 45 days between apps whether approved or denied.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

you do have to wait 45 days...

Message 19 of 23
CardsLifeLine
Frequent Contributor

Yes you have to wait for 45 days between the aps. Cap 1 declined my request three times. All banks and credit card companies gave me cards with good credit limits and still Cap 1 say we can not give credit cards for blah blah .... 

USBank Cash+(14K)/Penfed Rewards Visa Sigg (25K)/ Penfed Promise card (5K)/ Penfed Amex Travel Rewards card(20K)/AMEX ZYNC (NPSL)/AMEX Startwood(9K)/AMEX COSTCO(5K)/AMEX EVERY DAY (10K)/AMEX HILTON HONOURS (8K)/CHASE FREEDOM(4K)/Chase Salte(12K)/AMEX Fidelity Investments(7.5K)/BOA Better Balance Rewards(5K)/BoA Travel Signature Card (10K)/BoA rewards cards (15K)/AMEX MACYS(6K)/Barclaycard Rewards(3K)/Salie Mea (5K)/DISCOVER IT(7K)/ DCU VISA Platinum Card(7.5K)/PAYPAL MASTER CARD(8K)/GAP(4.5K)/US Bank Flex Rewards (6K)/ Best Buy (4k)/Gymbore Visa card(6K)/ TARGET(600)/CHILDREN PLACE(900)/WALMART DISCOVER(8K)/TOY R US MASTER CARD(8K)/JCP(4K)/KOHLS(400)– Total 31 Cards
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.