Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one backdoor number no longer works

tag
grneydangl
Frequent Contributor

Re: capital one backdoor number no longer works

With the $500 Capital One cash rewards, if you've had it for a year and a half, have been denied CLI twice (calling backdoor #) use it RELIGIOUSLY and currently have no balance, would you just close it since it doesn't look like it's going anywhere?  I know $500 is better than $0 but it doesn't really help that much with uti

Message 31 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

woooooooooooow..............it worked. initially ihad a cl of 1000 and got a cli of 500 couple of days back and i called this back door no 9939 and got a cli of 500. total cl is $2000. I  have 0% apr for another 3 months. It helps a lot.........thankyou guys.

do you guys know the  backdoor nos. for other ccs

Message 32 of 43
Calicurli
New Contributor

Thank you everyone who posted these #s. I just tried the 9939 one and got a $300 CLI!! The other one didn't work, so I'm so glad I tried again.

The limit was doubled from 300 to 600 and should go up again with the Credit Steps program.

Anyone who is skeptical about them may want to talk to them - they seemed to have changed from the CapOne of yore. Smiley Wink

Message Edited by Calicurli on 12-29-2008 01:25 PM
Message 33 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called them last friday trying to get a cli from my $500 cl. They denied me, so I called back today to close the account. The lady gave me $300 cli and told me they would waive my af if my account is in good standing after 1 year. BTW, my balance was $470 on the card lol.
Message 34 of 43
GFer
Valued Contributor

Wow! I'm estatic! I called (usually to chicken to ask for anything!) and they gave me $500 increase! Just got $500 in November! 

They can say what they like about Cap1----I like 'me! Smiley Very Happy

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

it worked for me .
Message 36 of 43
GFer
Valued Contributor

And congrats to you too! Smiley Wink

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 37 of 43
emartin82
Regular Contributor

I called the Cap One backdoor # (800-889-9939) today, Sunday, and spoke to a CSR about a CLI. I have been applying for CLIs for both my Cap One cards but I always get denied and get the letter in the mail. There were a few notable differences using the backdoor #: 1) CSR was based in the U.S.; 2) CSR did not go off a script or sound like she/he was going off a script for every questioned posed to them; 3) After dialing my account #, I was immediately transferred to a CSR instead of going through the menu system.

After speaking to a CSR, I was given $500 increases on both my cards each (total $1000) automatically and they now show up on my Cap One account web site.  Pretty friggin awesome. I also asked the CSR when is a good time to negotiate better rates or upgrade to a better card, and I was told to wait a total of 24 billing cycles (almost there!!!).

Woo! 

Message 38 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@emartin82 wrote:

After speaking to a CSR, I was given $500 increases on both my cards each (total $1000) automatically and they now show up on my Cap One account web site.  Pretty friggin awesome. I also asked the CSR when is a good time to negotiate better rates or upgrade to a better card, and I was told to wait a total of 24 billing cycles (almost there!!!).

Woo! 

So the card just needs to be 2 years old?  Not 2 years from your CLI's?

Message 39 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Backdoor number is AWESEOME, used the 9939 number, had the card since 07/08 and called today, got a real person in like 10 seconds, talked really quick, got a 500cli for a 1000CL total, also told me that if I keep up a good payment history to call back in 3 to 6 months and will be leigible for another increase. The backdoor number is amazing!
Message 40 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.