Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one backdoor number no longer works

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: capital one backdoor number no longer works

number sill works just called got 300.00 now 1400.00 started at 300 in april........
Message 21 of 43
Grape
Regular Contributor

Number definitely still works...got my card at the end of september with a 500 limit and a credit steps letter stating that my account would increase by 500 by my 5th statement and another 500 by my 7th statement bringing it to a total of 1500. Just called the backdoor number listed a few posts back (my third statement is set to cut on the 8th) and the rep was very nice and doubled my current limit, bringing me to 1K. If credit steps still kick in as stated in the letter, this should bring me to 2K. Not bad. First time I have ever used a backdoor number and it worked! Thanks for the advice everyone!

Just FYI...I have charged about 700-800 each month since I have had it and payments throughout the month, effectively PIF. 

Message Edited by Grape on 12-02-2008 09:56 AM
Message Edited by Grape on 12-02-2008 10:26 AM
Message 22 of 43
first48
Frequent Contributor

The backdoor number finally worked for me.  I have 2 cards with capital one.  The first one I got at the beginning of September with a 500.00 limit.  I just called and got a 500 CLI giving me a 1k limit on this card.  Credit steps should kick in by the fifth statement.  My second card is too new as I have just gotten it at the end of October.
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 23 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just used the 9939 number and got myself a 500 CLI. Now I am at $2,350 with Cap One on this card after starting at $300 in April. I still have two credit step raises coming up on this new card, so things are looking up! Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 43
KingAdrock
Established Contributor

@CreditDrama85 wrote:
when called the backdoor number people are much more polite, speak clearly, etc. and you do not have to wait as long

Even if the results are the same, I'd say this is more than enough reason to use a backdoor #.

Message 25 of 43
laz98
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I called the (800) 889-9939 number. This was my first 'back door' attempt, and I was pretty skeptical...but it really did work for me!

OMG!  IT WORKED!!!  I can't believe it!  I have never gotten any CLI so easily!

The first guy wasn't going to give it to me, & I was disappointed.  But I remembered you guys always saying Don't Give Up!  So I decided to call back.  I told the rep I wanted to take advantage of the 0% balance transfer APR on my card, & getting a CLI would really help me out with that.  (Totally true, btw)

To be honest, I thought she was going to say no too, because I was really nervous & kind of stuttered.  (I am horribly shy, & HATE talking on the phone).  But then she looked at my account & said that she could give me $300!  That makes it a total CL of $600.  This is already my 2nd highest CL, & I just got the card 9/30/08!!!!

I can't wait to see the effect that Credit Steps will have now!  Thank you so much you guys!

Message 26 of 43
TryingVeryHard
Frequent Contributor

4 months. On my third month they gave me $250 increase, then after learning this number they gave me another $500 after they did a soft inquiry.
Message 27 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

+300 after 2 statement now $600 cl
Message 28 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called them tonight, and despite all my wheedling and sweet-talking, nothing doing. Backdoor # Lady was very nice and friendly, but clearly had no intention of giving me any CLIs, APR decreases, or anything of the sort. Oh well. I could tell straight off that nothing I said was going to make any difference, she was just NOT interested. Well, she said she'd put in a request (hard-inq-free, she PROMISED - and she had better not have been lying or I will be very very very much unimpressed) for a CLI for me, and that I'll 'hear in the mail' (yeah right), but obviously I know very well what THAT means...

I always regret calling Capital One!! Must remember NOT to do that next time. 

Message 29 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley HappyWow I was just reading this thread and decided to try my luck with Cap I, called the backdoor # and got an increase from $500 to $1000, woohoo!!!  I opened my Cap 1 back in June 2008 and got the credit steops letter but went over my limit one time in August by $1.00 due to a stupid $3 charge that did not post right away but they did waive the overlimit fee of $39. However, I got a letter a few weeks later saying i would not be eligible for Credit steps $250 CLI  due to that $1.00 overlimit amount until after my 7th statement. The rep was super nice and I do use my card a lot and pay at least 70% of the balance each month.

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.