Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one: combining cards

tag
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: capital one: combining cards

While I don't know if that's definitely possible or not, or whether there's a lower or upper limit on how much rewards can be transferred, I combined my Venture into the Quicksilver two months ago, and the system told me that I will definitely lose all of the unused Venture rewards that were not redeemed before combination.

Luckily I was left with only 4-5 miles on the Venture so it didn't hurt much.

Message 11 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to cut into your post OP but I wanted to ask some advice concerning this. I have a QS1 and a platinum MasterCard. Is it crazy of me to want to combine into the QS1 because I get cash back even if there's an annual fee? I notice people usually try and get away from the annual fee. Am I missing something?
Message 12 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

If Platinum 2 mos old, go into chat and ask for it to be upgraded to rewards status. They'll switch it to QS MC w/no AF and you'll earn 1.5% immediately.

Then combine QS1 into that card.
Message 13 of 41
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If Platinum 2 mos old, go into chat and ask for it to be upgraded to rewards status. They'll switch it to QS MC w/no AF and you'll earn 1.5% immediately.

Then combine QS1 into that card.

Iv'e seen this suggested before, and it does seem to work

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 14 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! I will definitely try that!!
Message 15 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did it! Well I haven't combined yet because I just paid the QS1 off and I still have to wait for the card but I did get the platinum upgraded. Thank you so much for the help! I love it here! :-)
Message 16 of 41
TiminCO
Valued Member

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but in March I was able to combine two QS1 cards into my QS Visa Siggy and Venture Siggy and it reset my wait on both cards for a CLI. I tried for a CLI on both after the combination and when I got "the letter" the reason stated was "there has recently been a change to the credit line on this account" Just thought I would mention that and see if anyone else has had the same thing happen.

Message 17 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TiminCO wrote:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this but in March I was able to combine two QS1 cards into my QS Visa Siggy and Venture Siggy and it reset my wait on both cards for a CLI. I tried for a CLI on both after the combination and when I got "the letter" the reason stated was "there has recently been a change to the credit line on this account" Just thought I would mention that and see if anyone else has had the same thing happen.

Thanks for the tip, I was actually just going to ask about this very thing. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 41
TiminCO
Valued Member

No problem, just thought that was odd. I mean I waited like two days after the combo and both of those cards were opened in August of 2015. I never hit the luv button because I knew I was going to PC those other two cards and with the help of this great forum, I learned about the possiblity of CapOne enabling the combination feature. Can't remember exactly where I read it but they may have had it before and stopped it.

Message 19 of 41
TiminCO
Valued Member

That is exactly what I did Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.