cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one lied

New Contributor

capital one lied

A few weeks back I posted about cap one refunding my AF after it had posted.!

 Well it posted so I called and now they tell me they can't refund it?! What? Are you kidding me?

 The guy promised and even told me he would put a note in my account to call me when it posted, but

according to the guy I spoke with last nite, there wasn't anything about it. He said sorry and offered me a apr.

 reduction for 7 months. I told him to shove it and hung up! Now that I paid it I will never use it again and will

 close when the time is right for me!

Transunion Fico 753
Equifax Fico 756
Experian 817 (amex pull)
14 REPLIES
Super Contributor

Re: capital one lied


littlesister wrote:

A few weeks back I posted about cap one refunding my AF after it had posted.!

 Well it posted so I called and now they tell me they can't refund it?! What? Are you kidding me?

 The guy promised and even told me he would put a note in my account to call me when it posted, but

according to the guy I spoke with last nite, there wasn't anything about it. He said sorry and offered me a apr.

 reduction for 7 months. I told him to shove it and hung up! Now that I paid it I will never use it again and will

 close when the time is right for me!


Wow, sorry that happened.  Did you ask to escalate to a supervisor ?  

 


 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Frequent Contributor

Re: capital one lied

Speak with a supervisor. I had this happen before with HSBC and the only way I solved it was to make a scene and speak with a supervisor. I told them I would cancel the account but I would not pay the AF.

Senior Contributor

Re: capital one lied

you could go ahead and try to close and maybe the retention specialist will refund the amount

New Contributor

Re: capital one lied


pizzadude wrote:

littlesister wrote:

A few weeks back I posted about cap one refunding my AF after it had posted.!

 Well it posted so I called and now they tell me they can't refund it?! What? Are you kidding me?

 The guy promised and even told me he would put a note in my account to call me when it posted, but

according to the guy I spoke with last nite, there wasn't anything about it. He said sorry and offered me a apr.

 reduction for 7 months. I told him to shove it and hung up! Now that I paid it I will never use it again and will

 close when the time is right for me!


Wow, sorry that happened.  Did you ask to escalate to a supervisor ?  

 


 


I did and the guy said he was it. I think I will call again and thank you for ur support.

Transunion Fico 753
Equifax Fico 756
Experian 817 (amex pull)
Valued Member

Re: capital one lied


littlesister wrote:

pizzadude wrote:

littlesister wrote:

A few weeks back I posted about cap one refunding my AF after it had posted.!

 Well it posted so I called and now they tell me they can't refund it?! What? Are you kidding me?

 The guy promised and even told me he would put a note in my account to call me when it posted, but

according to the guy I spoke with last nite, there wasn't anything about it. He said sorry and offered me a apr.

 reduction for 7 months. I told him to shove it and hung up! Now that I paid it I will never use it again and will

 close when the time is right for me!


Wow, sorry that happened.  Did you ask to escalate to a supervisor ?  

 


 


I did and the guy said he was it. I think I will call again and thank you for ur support.


I can almost see several Russian guys passing the phone around going "transfer!" and then Peggy ending up with the phone again and saying "Yes, this is supervisor".  Smiley Happy

Established Contributor

Re: capital one lied


mindacid wrote:

littlesister wrote:

pizzadude wrote:

littlesister wrote:

A few weeks back I posted about cap one refunding my AF after it had posted.!

 Well it posted so I called and now they tell me they can't refund it?! What? Are you kidding me?

 The guy promised and even told me he would put a note in my account to call me when it posted, but

according to the guy I spoke with last nite, there wasn't anything about it. He said sorry and offered me a apr.

 reduction for 7 months. I told him to shove it and hung up! Now that I paid it I will never use it again and will

 close when the time is right for me!


Wow, sorry that happened.  Did you ask to escalate to a supervisor ?  

 


 


I did and the guy said he was it. I think I will call again and thank you for ur support.


I can almost see several Russian guys passing the phone around going "transfer!" and then Peggy ending up with the phone again and saying "Yes, this is supervisor".  Smiley Happy


"No refund.....we give coupons" Smiley Very Happy


Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: 773 EQ(DCU), 757 TU(Barclay), 788 EX(Credit.com)
Goal Score:760 X 3


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Mega Contributor

Re: capital one lied

Cap 1: 800-707-0489 (Senior Escalation Account Mgrs.)

 

OP call this number, they'll square it away for you!!




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Valued Contributor

Re: capital one lied

Sorry to read about your situation, but with credit scores like your's I would dump cap one and move onto better bank cards..Good Luck if you pursue the annual fee removal


Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Epic Contributor

Re: capital one lied


tray wrote:

Sorry to read about your situation, but with credit scores like your's I would dump cap one and move onto better bank cards..Good Luck if you pursue the annual fee removal


++++1

 

When you are in upper 700-800 credit you don't have an annual fee Capital One!

Get a bank that cares and knows why it should hold on to you.

They have turned focus to the money made off those of us rebuilding.